A Fake LongHorn Skin?

Is this a fake screen shot of LH?

I have seen several different screen shots using this skin and am wondering if they are real or not. I don't think they are. Anyway, please whoever originally made them post some more or even send me the lot.

post-83-1076358343.jpg

I did, and I'm not giving out the PSD for a several reasons, but mainly because I really don't want the net full of fake Longhorn screenshots pretending to be real. But if you try really hard, I say it wouldn't take more then 3 hours to recreate it.

That is actually Long's concept shot of what he thinks Areo will look like.

geez people, aero's not a "theme" or a "skin" or anything like that, it's an engine :rolleyes:

its not an engine either. Aero isn't really tangible, its more of an idea. Its the Windows User Experience and UI guidelines for 3rd party programmers. So while it part of aero will be the theme, its only a small portion of Aero. The way windows are layed out, how notifications are displayed, sounds, animations, etc. are all part of aero.

It's really sad that the faked screenshots are better looking then the actual screenshots themselves. Microsoft pays tons of money to very talented individuals to turn out complete crap, while the common 13 year old with a warez copy of Photoshop manages to turn out better designs.

But I am interested in Longhorn, Aero, Avalon, and all that jazz. It's just fun to make fun of Microsoft.

its easy to make a design like that in photoshop, but...... If you wanted to program an operating system that looks like that its much much much harder. How bout you try it... since you think your better then microsoft... go ahead and try to make even the beggining of an operating system... its not as easy as you might think.

Aero is the new Windows user experience. Aero consists of guidelines, recommendations, and user experience values that help your applications get the most out of the Microsoft Windows Code Name "Longhorn" pillars: rich presentation (code-named "Avalon"), data (code-named "WinFS"), and communication (code-named "Indigo").

that's straight off the msdn site.

What the? I just make it similiar to Aero (Did you notice in font?) That's photoshop mock up from screenshot on Paul site not real thing. At my point is for what I can do as real thing not picture that is not exist. And don't worry about my theme. It's famous enough to leave it alone. I'll start making that soon.

What the? I just make it similiar to Aero (Did you notice in font?) That's photoshop mock up from screenshot on Paul site not real thing. At my point is for what I can do as real thing not picture that is not exist. And don't worry about my theme. It's famous enough to leave it alone. I'll start making that soon.

Wow that's some "big breath"