For The Electricians

Originally posted by PM5K  

I won't go into the long story just yet, but can anyone tell me what they do when they turn off the electricity but don't remove the meter ?

Thanks.

um dude.. the meter is attached to ur house.. it doesnt come off .. lol...

they just come and cut the link from the street to your house.. in some areas, they can do this remotely from their offices.

Not sure about the power, but I had my water shut off before. Just walked outside and turned the knob back on. Took them 5 months before they realized, and then said it was thier fault..lol So I never got charged.

Originally posted by Sub  

Not sure about the power, but I had my water shut off before. Just walked outside and turned the knob back on. Took them 5 months before they realized, and then said it was thier fault..lol So I never got charged.

LMAO.. here we just pay a flat rate for the water, you pay for it with the property tax.. you can use as much as you want :D

Originally posted by Silvorgold  

good thing i live in the middle of no where :D freeeeee water...but if there was any water e coli break outs, we wouldnt get affected :s

how the hell do u get free water.. u pay for the water with ur property tax. it counts as utilities.

err, how did we get on water ?

Heh, I don't have any problems with the water, though they disconnect it like electricity, they take the meter out.

So anyone know how they disconnect electricity without removing the meter ?

Without going into tons of detail I am being accused of stealing electricity.

THey normally leave the meter unless the house is being dimolished.

Its Just left there to save time I suppose.

When I lived in Virginia the home owner was actually the owner of the Meter. And In NY we rent it sorta like the cable box

Originally posted by Xcalibur  

u have a well? LOL

actually, i have a well, and I'm highly offended by that statment

(although, i do have a well. there is no public water in the boonies of New Hampshire :cool: )

Originally posted by timdorr  

(although, i do have a well. there is no public water in the boonies of New Hampshire :cool:  )

Ditto with VT, and when I do go into "town" I wouldn't drink that water anyway...do all those chemicals really taste that great? i think not..