Video Editing / Sound Editing Questions

Hey guys. I have a little problem with my video file.

See, a friend of mine sent me a video clip of him and his band's "music video", but it seems like when he converted his files to AVI, the audio is off by 5 seconds. HE doesn't have his source files or anything, so all I have to work with is an AVI file with video and sound (thats off).

What I want to do is fix the audio so that it's in sync with the video, then convert it to mpeg and burn it on a dvd.

Is there a program you guys can recommend to fix the sync problem? The programs I have so far are Pinnacle Studio 8 and Adobe Premiere. Premiere seems a little complicated for now, but I just want something so I can fix the sound problem for now. Any suggestions?

premier can do it very easily.

just mute the video's audio track, copy the audio and put it on a new audio track in sync. save/encode...

This may be a newbie question, but how would you do that?

Hey guys. I have a little problem with my video file.

See, a friend of mine sent me a video clip of him and his band's "music video", but it seems like when he converted his files to AVI, the audio is off by 5 seconds. HE doesn't have his source files or anything, so all I have to work with is an AVI file with video and sound (thats off).

What I want to do is fix the audio so that it's in sync with the video, then convert it to mpeg and burn it on a dvd.

Is there a program you guys can recommend to fix the sync problem? The programs I have so far are Pinnacle Studio 8 and Adobe Premiere. Premiere seems a little complicated for now, but I just want something so I can fix the sound problem for now. Any suggestions?

yes---movie maker 2 should be able to do this pretty easily. what youre gonna want to do is get two separate tracks...audio and video (2 sep files). Put them in movie maker then go to Timeline Mode. You can sync it up and preview how it sounds. Export it in DV-AVI (NTSC) and you can usually burn that with DVD software.

yes---movie maker 2 should be able to do this pretty easily. what youre gonna want to do is get two separate tracks...audio and video (2 sep files). Put them in movie maker then go to Timeline Mode. You can sync it up and preview how it sounds. Export it in DV-AVI (NTSC) and you can usually burn that with DVD software.

hi. thanks for the suggestion. it was very easy to change the audio tracks. but, it seems like i cant save it into an avi file at a reasonable size. i mean, the video im supposedly supposed to edit is about 30 mins, and for some reaosn, to save it to an avi file is about 10 - 15 gb. the rest of the file is .wmv, which i cant use to burn to a dvd/vcd. any tips on it?

i will try premiere also. let me try that bad boy once more, but i really like movie maker's interface and ease. too bad it jsut would cooperate with me with saving.