Stupidity lvl on board today

ok, I'm sure that already you've gotten the wrong idea of this thread so let me clarify here for a minute.

Warez

I realise that to most (hopefully all) the people on this board this is a pretty tightknit community. The problem with some people today though is that they are going out of their way to say that they are software pirates. Now don't get me wrong cos I'm not judging you one way or the other but do you

actually think that its smart to go airing your dirty laundry to the world?

You might think that its ok because of the fact you aren't distributing them but that is in fact possession of stolen property whether it is Photoshop, a Lord of the rings divx, or just a simple Andrew WK mp3 if you don't own the cd.

My whole point is that if you wouldn't go up to a police officer and tell him that you have x amount of warez sitting round your computer, don't broadcast the fact over Neowin cos you don't know who might be reading what you say.

Originally posted by Neobond  

I agree with WickedKitten..

same here... whether you do it or not...it makes no sense or carries no value at all to share this information with the neowin community (or any forum for that matter)....other than to provide a method to allow the FBI to ask Neowin for the e-mail address linked to your neowin handle...and they got you...on admitted warez hoarding :D

Yeeeeeeaaaahhh..

Lesse...I've been "hoarding" warez-like stuff for years, I've posted to msg boards, listed my ftp in searchs, used P2P clients, F-Served in IRC, and generally made my actions pretty public.

No offense, but I highly doubt an US official would use neowin as a central hub for a major Warez crack down.

Besides, I'm a user, not a source, so I'm not their target. They go after large groups, not individuals...

I'm not even bad by some standards... ;)