What's everyones monitor size & screen resolution?

Originally posted by nemo  

damn.... im not the only one with dual monitor on this thread anymore :/

ahahaha...well...if you're one of the few and one of the proud..then i have a question for you!!....

would you happen to know how to run more than just dual?..i've been trying to get 3 or even 4 to work..but i have no idea how to go at it yet..so i haven't even tried. (one of the few problems i had before...was having my AGP be my default in bios....but after i changed that to PCI..it was fine..)..how does that work with a 3rd pci card...would ya know?.... thanx =)

Originally posted by NeO NDaRoO  

ahahaha...well...if you're one of the few and one of the proud..then i have a question for you!!....

would you happen to know how to run more than just dual?..i've been trying to get 3 or even 4 to work..but i have no idea how to go at it yet..so i haven't even tried.  (one of the few problems i had before...was having my AGP be my default in bios....but after i changed that to PCI..it was fine..)..how does that work with a 3rd pci card...would ya know?.... thanx =)

umm... to be completely honest with you, i have no clue. But i would figure just add another video card. I have seen sites where they have split one card into two monitors using one terminal thing...

Try to have the AGP as your main display, as its probally the most powerful. Have the PCI cards as secondary, tertiary, etc. You could try getting one of those cards that Support dual monitor. Where it has two monitor outputs on one card.

IM not sure, but if you are having problems, you need to have display drivers for the card. Without these your going to have problems beyond belief. And uhh, WinXP default drivers DON'T COUNT!!! Download the latest drivers from the cards site.

I guess you can just try having an agp card, and 2 or 3 pci cards, with correct drivers, and setting it up like you did dual, and you should be fine.. if not... there is always google!

Originally posted by nemo  

umm... to be completely honest with you, i have no clue.  But i would figure just add another video card.  I have seen sites where they have split one card into two monitors using one terminal thing...  

Try to have the AGP as your main display, as its probally the most powerful.  Have the PCI cards as secondary, tertiary, etc.  You could try getting one of those cards that Support dual monitor.  Where it has two monitor outputs on one card.

IM not sure, but if you are having problems, you need to have display drivers for the card.  Without these your going to have problems beyond belief.  And uhh, WinXP default drivers DON'T COUNT!!!  Download the latest drivers from the cards site.  

I guess you can just try having an agp card, and 2 or 3 pci cards, with correct drivers, and setting it up like you did dual, and you should be fine.. if not... there is always google!

hmm..yea...searching for that kinda stuff is hard for some reason...i've always have trouble finding about multiple display support (if you have any luck...alert me!!!)...but yea...when i first attempted dual way back in the day...it wouldn't work w/the AGP card as default (only in bios though...)..but windows still has my AGP card as default....btw...S3 cards haven't had great drivers in a long time...so i AM using the winxp drivers =/..

thanx for your help so far nemo =)