If u had an email with @neowin.net would u use it?

88 members have voted

1. 1. If u had an email with @neowin.net would u use it?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by Keldyn  

Me too. Would sure beat having a sh*tty hotmail addy on my sig. :ermm:

If you don't like Hotmail and if Neowin isn't gonna do this any time soon, may I suggest MyRealBox.com. It's run by Novell as a demo for some of their products and works excellently for me.

bigmailbox.com has some pretty good email services, they offer unlimited @yourname.com email adresses, allowing each user to signup individually, so Neobond wouldn't have to type each one in manually. All it requires is a quick change to the MX Record of the domain name. The neowin.net server wouldn't even be affected since all the email would go through bigmailbox's servers.

Anyway, back to the point, If I had an @neowin.net address I would absolutely most certainly use it as my primary email address.

Originally posted by JZolloXP  

bigmailbox.com has some pretty good email services, they offer unlimited @yourname.com email adresses, allowing each user to signup individually, so Neobond wouldn't have to type each one in manually. All it requires is a quick change to the MX Record of the domain name. The neowin.net server wouldn't even be affected since all the email would go through bigmailbox's servers.

Anyway, back to the point, If I had an @neowin.net address I would absolutely most certainly use it as my primary email address.

If it was through Bigmailbox.com I doubt you would. They don't offer POP or SMTP, only web based. And the web based is littered with more ads than a friggen pr0n site.

Sure... only if NeoWin allow POP and no pop-ups... and that it will not destroy the database every two weeks just because of the server transfer... :)

I just think it's too slow already even without the SMTP traffic on NeoWin... too many members...

heck yes! i sure would use it :D, i'dd even get rid of my crumby hotmail addy...but then again i have a hotmail addy that i thought was gonna be used n it wasnt so i'll jus keep that hotmail addy :D

Originally posted by mariusu  

cool...that would be great

just imagine : mariusu@neowin.net

just great, but please...pop3..

and by the way: myrealbox from novell works great, but it's imap

No, they have a pop server, it's just not listed. pop.myrealbox.com and smtp.myrealbox.com both work well. If you like server-side mail, by all means use imap.myrealbox.com.

Originally posted by Mike11212  

I doubt neowin could really afford to offer free email service.

Would we be willing to pay 20 dollars a year for a service?

I'd be willing to pay it. =)