my AOL Time Warner monopoly problem....

Well... I've just about had it... for the THIRD weekend in a row, my cable internet has been unstable... Road Runner's tech guys are idiots and can't tell you anything about weither they're fixing it at all. So I've decided it's time to find a new broadband provider... but... to my amasement... there's nothing... absolutely zero...

The 2 cable providers are Road Runner, and AOL Broadband... (duh... same thing here... :cheeky: )

AT&T says their cable access is unavaliable in wisconsin (then why did i hear a commercial for it the other day?)

And pretty much anyother cable providers say the same...

So then I go to dsl... well.. lets see, Ameritech gives me a 404 error... TDS Metrocom wants me to sign a 2 year contract to get the modem for free... and Verizon is just plain too slow for $60 a month... any other places are more then $60 a month...

This is completely rediculous... I have absolutely no choice of broadband isps that are the same price range and speed as raod runner...

what does this have to do with an aol-time warner monopoly? To me it just sounds like you need to move out of wisconsin to get some better providers.