What Refresh Rate do you use

Originally posted by Qwakui  

Is there any detriment to a high refresh rate?

As long as you keep within your monitor's specs for that resolution, no. Windows attempts to hide refresh rates that are outside - from my experience, gets it right everytime (the few times it hasn't got it right turned out to be bad videocard or monitor drivers or bungled setup).

I use 85Hz, the max my monitor supports. I don't like anything lower - 75Hz is usable but a bit flickerly, esp. if I'm not looking straight at the monitor. 60Hz gives me a spliting headache after 10 mins. Videocard and monitor drivers and setup are always the first thing I sort out on an OS install for this reason.

100Hz is what I use. Don't like anything below 100Hz, can see 85Hz flickering a bit when I'm using Windows. Don't mind the 60Hz prob for games too much though, should get around to sorting it out though

1024x768 85hz. The highest my monitor can do. I used to run 800x600 100hz, but 800x600 is not enough screen area for my needs. If I could I'd run 1280x1024 100hz. My vid card can do it but my monitor just sux.

Darknessplayboy - Nice! 200Hz! What resolution? How much of a difference can you notice between let's say 100Hz and 200?

Faction - 60Hz is bad! One day I was installing new video card drivers and eventually gave up (to resume the battle the next day) but I spent a good part of the day at 60Hz. I actually had a headache the next day (and I very rarely get headaches!). I read that although it is less work on your monitor (because of the way it puts pixels on the screen) that even though less is happening, because of the way that your eyes and brain communicate, the brain registers more flickering (or alternating lack of light) when refresh rate is lower.