Greatest MOVIE EVER made... and WHY?

Antitrust

The only computer related film which is actually technically correct. None of this "im defragmenting my subroutine to pop through the mainframe firewall server" crap....

And the resembelance between nurv and microsoft is excellent...

Not a well know film due to its small target audience (geeks?), but its excellent!

Pulp Fiction...

reasons:

1. the cast: sam jackson, bruce willis, uma thurman, john travolta, quinten tarentino , cristopher walken, etc

2. tarentino rules!

3. awesome story.

A couple people chimed in with The Fast and the Furious, so I have to put in my 2 cents.

I thought that while the visuals were great, the whole time I was going, "Haven't I seen this before?"

I mean, how many times can you do the deep-cover-cop-likes-the-guy-he's-after-and-falls-in-love-with-his-prey-or-someone-in-their-family plot??????:dead:

Definetly Toy Story because of the computer animation, small-hard-to-catch humor, and my obsession with staying a kid for the rest of my life. The ultimate toy box collection was the first DVD I owned.

The best film EVER made so far is ALIENS (Alien 2), if not the best ever made, it is at least definitely the best out of the 4 Alien films made.

Does anyone disagree? hahaha thought not

Well, I must second nominations for Ronin, Star Wars and Office Space and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon as they're favorites of mine.

My favs have to be:

1. Sniper w/ Tom Barranger as he really plays a great tough guy (also great in Platton)

2. The Jackal.

There are two versions of this movie BTW with same title. I am not nominating the one with Bruce Willis and Richard Gere (?) in it - it sucked. There is a lesser known version made in the early 90s (no well known actors). It is absolutely the scariest movie I've ever seen. If you can find it is well worth watching.

As well Finding Forrester and Goodwill Hunting are great.

Greatest Drama Type: A Bronx Tale, simply amazing movie.

Greatest Comedy: Caddyshack, extreme classic.

Greatest Action: Rambo maybe, kick ass series.

Greatest Fantasy Type: The Crow, the first movie I ever really understood and apreciated.

My 2 cents: Now I dont want to get people saying 'stfu' or 'your gay' but fast and the furious was horrible. Who wants to see a movie about cars racing and then try to put a storyline into it. Yea that really ranks up with the godfather and clockwork orange.

Almost Famous - lots of classic rock history featuring music from some of the 60s-early 70s (including 3 ppl from the canadian praries), and it kicked ass :)

my gf went to the LOTR international premier :), lucky her but i'm not into that sort of stuff...

*Gone In 60 Seconds*

Because the 1967 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 is the best car for a car chase against anyone !

And Jerry Bruckheimer is a wicked Producer !

Radish.

Originally posted by Sponsorless

I also love Snatch (for new movie)

Yeah, snatch is ****ing excellent! So is the Two Smoking Barrels.

Also, another supreme film is the Heat with my two main huge idols: Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino...

Carlito's Way: awesome.

The Usual Suspects: Unique and insuperable.

Originally posted by Y/C

Yeah, snatch is ****ing excellent! So is the Two Smoking Barrels.

I have em both ;) lock stock and 2 smoking barrels ;)

Anyway this is to tough of a decision. So many great movies. I dont have a favorite. But one that pops to mind is Boondock Saints [the uncut] version..