Probles with Longhorn and RAID

Hi i am trying to install longhorn 4053 in a radi 0 of raptors.using promise raid controller in a Asus p4c800-e deluxe.

Its seems fine til restart the pc to complete installation there i get a blue screen with a hdd controller error or problem.

That was in a different partition and the controller is fine cause my xp works with problems

Any Ideas

found this

Hello to everyone.We resolve the promblem installing LH4051 on SATA & RAID controllers.Its so simple.

1.You must have an extra ATA/IDE HD to install LH4051 there first.

2.Then install your SATA controller drivers(DO NOT REBOOT!!!!)

Now your system must scan and regognize your SATA or RAID controller.

Go and check it out at "my computer".Your new discs must be there.

3.Now right clik on my computer icon on your desktop (manage-device manager-

open your SCSI/SATA/RAID TAB,and then right click on your controller-properties-driver-driver details.See what drivers used by your controler,for example mine

is like that:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SI3112.SYS

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SIWINACC.SYS

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SILSUPP.CPL

The first one (SI3112.SYS) is the driver who made all the job.Leave it.

The second one (SIWINACC.SYS) is just the accelerator for the controller and this is the reason for the promblem.DELETE IT.

The third one (SILSUPP.CPL) is just a control panel endry.Leave it.

Now restart your computer and when u log in again (IF) and u still have your SATA

or RAID controller on,everything is ok.

4.Take a back up of your HD and then extract it to your SATA HD and u are ready.DONE.

• 5 weeks later...

have you tried installing the drivers in xp compatibilty mode? dl hte xp drivers and then right click l properties l compatibilty l xp. it has worked with all my drivers but ive never used yours.