I get this error after 15-mins I start the computer

were gonna need more info about the error, what the message was, the details. also, what things you are running on startup, anything you were doing during those 15 mins...

cheers,

joe

yeah...format and uninstall....LOL....

Look, to get more information, simply click it at "For more information about this error, CLICK HERE". Give us that info.

Otherwise, just reinstall WinXP. We also want the processes running during this time:

Press CTRL ALT DEL, taskmanager, and screen dump the processes and application tabs.

do u have a virus or something? try reinstalling IE 6, could fix some explorer problems. also try run: msconfig and uncheck load startup items and then restart. if u get the same problem, it is ur OS and u need to try the IE thing, if it still happens then u may need to reformat or try using the system restore to go back to a previous state. good luck :D

The stop code 000000005 may indicate a memory fault . Requested date is not being found in memory , this may be faulty RAM , L2 Cache or Video ram .

Have youi tried starting in last known good ?

Other triigers can be Anti virus software or a corrupted NTFS volume . try running Chkdsk/f/r to detect and repair disk errors .

Also the event logs may give you more detail

Try Disabling memory Caching in the BIOS this may help .

Good Luck

Maybe it is trying to use a MMX+ or 3dNow instruction on your PIII(which doesn't support the calls). If I were you I would update your motherboards' BIOS, format the drive and re-install Windows XP.

a fresh install should do it.

i think the explorer.exe is f***ed, may be, who knows. i don't know if a go back would do it.

backup all your important data and reinstall xp

this at least if you are completely sure you don't have hardware problems:D

I think faulty memory is not likely! The codes will indicate an area of memory if the problem is memory. Check the MS knowledge base for any reference to the problem (also check the Win 2000 info, since the OS'es have the same code base).

The information you provide gives more clues.

The problem is creating appcompat.txt file in conjuction with the explorer error. Most likely, a program was installed or created that is not running correctly in compatibility mode or is incompatible. (You're the programmer, you should know if it's compatible with NT or not or if it's only compatible with 9x code.) If the program is compatible with NT4 legacy code, you should not have problems. The problem is more likely to be some auto/scheduled program/batch file that runs automatically after 15minutes. Could this be something you installed or something you enabled via AT commands for Advanced Power options or some other service via batch files?

It's not likely to be a driver or a service, unless it's a demand driver or manual service (not automatic) since it occurs after 15 minutes, not at startup. Of course, viruses are always suspect, but not likely since they usually aren't that consistent with benign results. (Checking for them is still a good idea.)

Try starting in Safe Mode by pressing F8 on load of WinXP and look what sorts of thing you start with running msconfig.exe. Or you can try also to just install WinXP over it (not a clean install) Choose UPGRADE by install.

GOOD LucK:rambo: