Other Popular BBs

Question

MyBB is awesome! I love it... It's so easy to work with. Thanks for the thread ;) I was looking for a powerful yet free system, and I just happened to stumble upon this thread... It saved me from a lot of work :)

Is this "ASP" forum thing free, and if so is there any special requirements you need for it on your server?

ovbb.org

Distributed under an MIT-type open source license, OvBB is a light-weight and fast bulletin board system that mimics vBulletin 2.x.x in both look and behavior while incorporating new advanced features and functionality. OvBB is written in PHP and is powered by MySQL.

From the people who made yaBBSE ~ php ver of yaBB

http://simplemachines.org/ ~ Simple Machines .. looking to be quite a nice no frills forum that works nice, its still in testing but theres a public preivew out now.

2002457[/snapback]

The best free one out there IMO.

Is this "ASP" forum thing free, and if so is there any special requirements you need for it on your server?

585662138[/snapback]

The server needs to support ASP.net. I think only windows servers can support asp.net.

ASP.NET: The ASP.NET Forums (v1 and soon v2)

V2 of the forums look stunning.  These forms are FREE and OPEN SOURCE made by the ASP.NET people @ Microsoft :-).

1967926[/snapback]

Whoa.  That's sweet looking.

2222162[/snapback]

This is really nice. I may have to tinker with it to see what I can get out of it. Thanks.

Applied Bullentin Board - http://hhdesignz.com/ - It is currently in development but once its full coded, it should be quite a good forum software to use.

586379990[/snapback]

The GUI looks like it was stripped from IPB and PHPBB. :D But I don't mind using it.

Edited by foobar.

I was looking for a free alternative to IPB and found MyBB a great community board with a clean and nice interface. I hope there'll be more addons for this terrific BB.