oh **** I lost my partion

I installed linux earlyer on and it seems 2 have really screwed my system up

I have a 10 gig (9 gig full of data I dont want 2 loose) FAT 32 partion, which has disapeared, and computer management wont let me reasign the drive letter, how ever from the recovery console, dos & linux I can still access and read from this FAT32 drive, Is there any way I can save the partion (bring it back) with out having 2 dump all the data on the HD in my other pc, then re do it ?

thanks in advance

I'm not sure i understand the problem correctly but could this mean that the partition is no longer activated ? Have you tried poking around from within FDISK and verifying this ? Linux is notorious for doing funky things to partitions :ermm:

btw: I like your sig. Urban Terror 0wnz ;)

Greetz

if it's still there all you need to do is reactivate it... easiest way to do this is to use partition magic... it is commercial software though....

sorry I can't be much help... I don't know anyother way to do it other then partition magic... but there IS definately a way to do it without partition magic...

thanks guys, I got a copy of PM7 and installed. When I opend up partion magic and it wouldent load, saying that something was overlaping on a partion, I went into standerd disk management and deleted the linux partions, ( I had some how got about 15 partions on there) after this I got partion magic working, and learned that LINUX had hidden the drive.

So all was needed was unhiding by the software and rebooting, however WindowsXP was unable 2 give me a fix for this problem. I think Ill keep hold of PM7 from now on