Longhorn-style system tray clock

When you have tray icons hidden, and you click the arrow to have it expand, the clock reverts back to the regular clock temporarily. It does it again when the icons are hidden again.

Besides that, custom skinning works fine for me and everything fits.

I get an:

Run-time error '380'

Invalid property value

:(

i get the same error message :( i'm using windowblinds, i dunno if that'd have anything to do with it or not

i get the same error message :( i'm using windowblinds, i dunno if that'd have anything to do with it or not

Got .Net Framework installed?

Got framework 1.1 installed, but the clock doesn't work at all for me. Can see the process running but no change to the clock at all, have to close it by killing the process. Config works fine though lol :blink:

Is it just me or does it flicker a lot? No backbuffering?

And also when time changes, it hides it a bit. Perhaps FindWindowEx and hiding TrayClockWClass?

And even spicier, loading the theme API's and drawing the tray so skins are not necessary.....

Edited by Post-It Note

Is it just me or does it flicker a lot? No backbuffering?

Yeah, It was double-buffered a while ago, but that version used a lot more memory. Should I re-compile a de-bugged, buffered, memory hog for those who want it?

Yes it is filickering every single sec. on the sec. So everytime the time changes.

It is unusable.

BTW does this work with Windows Classic Style? Tried that too and it does not fit. The hour is too big.

And no classic skin.

Also, can you add an option not to ask every time when you want to close it.

cya,

Will

• 2 weeks later...

Thrawn, thank you for making the clock, it's great! I love it!

One question though, is the gap that I have between the icons and the clock normal in size? Is there a way to reduce the gap?

post-34-1081837407.png

Well, for those that wants to test alpha ware.

Here is a win32 version of the longhorn tray clock program.

- No more needs for skins.

- No need for .NET

- But I have only ran it for a few mins on my computer so far... :p

Oh yeah to exit: 4-clicks. And if the background of the clock mess up because you keep changing your theme every 5 seconds. Just exit and start again.

LC.rar

Bugs:

- No shadow font support YET...so doesnt' work well with themes like: OpusOS, etc.

- After program exit, orginal clock might not be drawn right. And tooltip might get extra info. Easy fix is just to start "Task Manager" or any program that puts an icon in the Tray. Orginal clock will update and everything will be normal again.

P.S. Anybody know the font Longhorn clock uses? Right now I am using: Franklin Gothic Medium.

Very kewl proggy!! I just dl it and it works great with my MacOSX skin, and the space b/t the icons & clock changed nice job :woot:

^ Thread jack :shifty: :rofl:

Can someone please tell me if the gap is normal between the icons and the system tray clock?

:p

No that gap is too big. Looks like it have enough space to fit one icon + default gap.

My clock doesn't have that gap issue. ;)

Dude, it's a major sign of disrespect to jump into Thrawn's thread and talk about your app. I'm saying this purely as a plain old member and a developer of a small app myself.

Dude, it's a major sign of disrespect to jump into Thrawn's thread and talk about your app. I'm saying this purely as a plain old member and a developer of a small app myself.

I am sorry. :( I only posted here because it had been inactive for a while. I just wanted to help the future users find a clock that works well for them when they come to this thread form a search or something.

And I gave credit to Thrawn in my program.

Edited by RCube

This definitely has a lot of potential. Work with the interface and play with all the suggestions posted already and you'll have gold.

Oh and it looks kinda funky with a thin taskbar.