Ads in sigs unacceptable

Please stop posting rubbish Tyler Durden.

I think he means the monstrous vibrating machine under his desk is his computer, not his penis :shifty:

I think he means the monstrous vibrating machine under his desk is his computer, not his penis :shifty:

:rofl: I thought he meant that his penis was connected to a monstrous vibrating machine that was under his desk. :laugh:

Seriously, on the topic, I dont display sigs becoz my screen size is only 800x600 and so the sigs take up a lot of screen space. But I wish that we had the option of selectively screening out large-sized sigs as opposed to all sigs. :happy: That way, the large ones can be filtered out while the small ones stay there.

But I wish that we had the option of selectively screening out large-sized sigs as opposed to all sigs. :happy: That way, the large ones can be filtered out while the small ones stay there.

With you saying that... I think you need to take a look at your OWN sig.

With you saying that... I think you need to take a look at your OWN sig.

Yeah I agree but I use Size=0 to display that much. It cannot be made smaller than that unless I have my own site to host it.

Hi Guys,

I removed 2 ads from members sigs advertising web hosting, both with oversized red fonts. This is totally unacceptable at Neowin, your sig is not an area to advertise products or services, we require ad companies to pay to advertise on neowin so that we may pay the costs of our server. I find it unacceptable and disrespectful that members induce further intrusion and distraction by turning pages into semi-ads.

The fact that its gotten out of hand means we are now taking action to completely remove this form of advertising. Neowin has options to sell ad banner space you can contact redmak@neowin.net for a quote (serious requests only!)

Let it also be noted that members who disregard this moderation will lose the rights to edit their profile and possibly face more restrictions. Neowin remains a privately run/funded site so we also require members to play by the 'house rules'

Thanks for listening :)

ur sig advertises star trek. its illegal

ur sig advertises star trek. its illegal

If you would have read his post, you would see that it is the users that are ADVERTISING their SERVICES. Some users were putting in their signatures "Blah Blah Hosting, 5000 GB for only 3$ a month!". I don't see how his signature relates top this.

you mean he HAS a penis? :o

Seriously, on the topic, I dont display sigs becoz my screen size is only 800x600 and so the sigs take up a lot of screen space. But I wish that we had the option of selectively screening out large-sized sigs as opposed to all sigs.

JEBUS McNEBUS!!! :o why on earth would anyone use 800x600 resolution? i can't imagine :pinch:

You make it sound like YOU put the size tags. :rolleyes:

No, just that I used Size 0 as opposed to the default size 1. I tried to keep it small enough for people so that they can see it on their screens without too much distraction. I think of other people's opinion on that. ;)

Right now, I took it off because I thought it was a little big on my screen at 800 x 600 resolution. I have no sig now.

JEBUS McNEBUS!!!? why on earth would anyone use 800x600 resolution? i can't imagine?

Because my laptop doesnt support resolutions greater than that.and I cant afford a new computer so I use the resolution I am comfortable with...

Your sig was normal or even a bigger sized font then normal, silly_walk changed it to the smaller size.. so he actually fixed your size, not you :p

I have no comment for this but I welcome Neobond decision to remove any ads in sigs, Neowin is not a place for advertising.

Take those dumb firefox refering links to switch over from I.E.,, Thats Advertising... Firefox is a company with lots of money.. They should have to buy from neowin.com... It makes you happy cause more people use firefox,, the better it gets. What about the people who like I.E. HuH. :D