Longhorn Systray Clock

Hi mate,

your clock rocks but hm, could it sport an alarm function as well?

What about an extra tab in the config panel, where one could set a date (invoking standard calendar control?) and a time for an alert, with some limited length text? (fonts fixed? or user selected?)

And could one select a sound file for it as well? (okay, maybe a hardwired sound could do.)

All stored maybe in an additional .ini file?

Offering unlimited alerts?

The alert could set off a sound and a flyout (slide-up) window, displaying the alert datim stamp and the text, with appropriate controls...

For Longhorn styled notification designs why not check out the link below (lotsa pics!), in case you don't know it already:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/default...opic_alerts.asp

Always asking for more... :D Keep up the good work!

Hi mate,

your clock rocks but hm, could it sport an alarm function as well?

What about an extra tab in the config panel, where one could set a date (invoking standard calendar control?) and a time for an alert, with some limited length text? (fonts fixed? or user selected?)

And could one select a sound file for it as well? (okay, maybe a hardwired sound could do.)

All stored maybe in an additional .ini file?

Offering unlimited alerts?

The alert could set off a sound and a flyout (slide-up) window, displaying the alert datim stamp and the text, with appropriate controls...

For Longhorn styled notification designs why not check out the link below (lotsa pics!), in case you don't know it already:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/default...opic_alerts.asp

Always asking for more... :D Keep up the good work!

Amazing idea IMO :yes: I hope he does something like that.

Well, I try to post two images.

Sorry for the bad quality and the unprecise design, it is rather a sketch to visualize my Reminder function idea.

The first image shows the Reminders configuration panel.

The second shows the reminder popup notification window in action.

In the latter, clicking the Snooze button would close the reminder window but repeat the alert in 5 minutes.

The Edit button would call the Reminders config panel, loading the actual reminder details.

So here goes the config panel (hope I can post it):

post-34-1089581598.jpg

What would be really cool is if it could get your events from Rainlender. Then you wouldn't need to type them in twice. That way people could get remindeed AND see it on their calendar :) .

What would be really cool is if it could get your events from Rainlender. Then you wouldn't need to type them in twice. That way people could get remindeed AND see it on their calendar :) .

Well that would be nice too, I presume. Actually I do not use any calendar app so I focused on enhancing LClock features. Tuneling other apps' data maybe means bigger challenge... I think the reminder function could be handy, since the internal Windows date/time applet lacks it from the very beginning. Which is somewhat comic :D

I know ;) Rainlender keeps the events in the rainlender exe file if I'm correct. I highly doubt they would save it in the registry, but I could be wrong.

I know ;) Rainlender keeps the events in the rainlender exe file if I'm correct. I highly doubt they would save it in the registry, but I could be wrong.

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Rainlendar\Events.ini

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Rainlendar\Events.ini

I am out of it today. That should have been the first place I looked :rolleyes:

Hm, I am not an expert (just a GUI maniac) and I think that reminder data (in my concept) shall be placed in a separate data file, csv or other, OR stored in the LClock.ini file itself...

RCube probably could select the appropriate stroage method, but I think it is good idea to avoid scribbling in the Registry. Keep it clean :) not to mention the backup and upgrade aspects.

yes i delete , dont work :(

Hmm :( have no idea. I had the previous version, I unistalled it running the uninstal.exe (saved the .ini file) then installed the new pack. It works fine. I suggest you to perform a full reboot, then repeat the new instal... I am clueless, anyway...

link re-steers towards the bad version maybe :wacko:

Well,

the 1.21a version LC121a.exe unpacked size is 143741,

the 1.22a version LC122a.exe unpacked size is 144219.

I would post the .zipfile here but maybe it is against regulations so I do not until encouraged.

I unistalled i reboot, and running the uninstal.exe its the same :(

link re-steers towards the bad version maybe :wacko:

take a screenshot of the LClock control panel tool in "Clock" page.

(in the meantime, please feel free to comment my Reminder feature suggestion... :D )

1. Setting the time in LClock control panel tool.

- Thats what "Date and Time Properties" is for. Double click will give you that.

2. Using rainlendar's events.

- Rainlender already notify the user. Whats the point having two popups at the sametime?

3. Having alarm function in LClock.

- I have thought about this. And my orginal plan was to have a popup mini calender when you move the mouse over the clock. And from the popup you can set events. Some people liked the idea, others thought LClock should be kept as is.