Longhorn Systray Clock

Disappointed to see that this style of clock in the taskbar was removed from Longhorn/Vista many builds ago.

Maybe this to some makes this app kinda redundant now.

Shame as I really preferred this style of clock over the old traditional boring Windows taskbar clock and wish MS would reintroduce it.

• 2 weeks later...

is lclock still being developed? I guess this goes far beyond the scope of what was intended but would it be possible to flip the system tray and start bar position. I've got hide the startbar on and use the clock as the start button. However my taskbar is at the top of the screen so the startbar comes down on the right hand side, which is just visually very annoying to me. I imagine moving the system tray to the left hand side might not be easy, but I thought it worth asking anyhow.

Good job :)

I have a question and an idea :

- Why only the popup menu on the clock is in french (I'm french) and not all the parameters ?

- Could you add the number of the week in the calendar ? This is very practical in enterprise :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ironically this clock style is no longer featured in Vista. However, I have it working in beta 2. The problem is that the configuration/properties dialog crashes it, so you have to edit the .ini manually. This kinda limits how much I can customize it since I don't know all the settings. I love LClock and I hope that it is updated one of these days!

I disabled DEP and the config no longer crashes (Dll as an app) text colour will not change however, all other setting appear to work.

I am running Vista Beta 2 32 bit.

I don't understand, the latest version says its distributed under "the terms of the GNU General Public License", but in the FAQ it says:

Q04. Where is the source code?

A04. When someone asks for it, and after I clean it up.

So I may I please have a copy of the source code?

If it's not really GPL, then that's fine - just call it freeware next time

Edited by Quick Reply

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to get the clock over to the *left* side of the screen?

I've got Lclock hiding the start button but I'd like to have the clock -as- the start button on the left side.

I don't understand, the latest version says its distributed under "the terms of the GNU General Public License", but in the FAQ it says:

So I may I please have a copy of the source code?

If it's not really GPL, then that's fine - just call it freeware next time

Sorry I don't come here as often anymore. You should message me.

Anyways, the code is open. I have given the code to a few people that have asked for the code already.

If you just want it for learning or make a new program, then you can do whatever you want with the code. But if you want to modify it and still call it LClock, then I like to work with you. Not to take the credit, but just to have a good idea where it is going in case you stop one day. This way, I can either take over or help the next programmer out. LClock is a neowin community app afterall. It wouldn't be what it is today without the help of the users on neowin. thanx again guys! :)

A little update about myself. I'll be done with my last semester next week. Depending on my future schedule, I might(50/50) get back on LClock again. If I don't find a job I like or decide to go on a trip. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Will there be a way to show the day of month and day of week at the same time under the clock in next version of LClock?

I know how to have the day of week OR the day of month, but how can we have it together?

Hey all! Thanks for the great app... I love LClock.

My problem is I just installed the newest version. I used to have 1.61a. On this new version the font on the clock is not anti aliased and looks awful. I dunno what caused this... any tips? :( It looks so bad I can't use LClock anymore like this.

• 1 month later...

I have a question that's a bit different ...

How do U un-install this " LClock " from your system completely.??

I Un-Installed the desktop theme it came with, but I still get " LClock-StartUp's " showing.??

I've deleted the LClock folder & tried deleting RegKeys, but it's still loading in the StartUp.??

** How do I get rid of this program / Clock from showing up in my StartUp-List because it won't budge.?? - Anyone.?? :hmmm:

Is there an alternate version of this? It can be used on Vista RTM, but when you install it you can no longer use the aditional clocks feature when you click on it on the system tray cause its Calendar pops up, I tried disabling the calendar feature but still the Vista's aditional clocks wont show when I hover on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an alternate version of this? It can be used on Vista RTM, but when you install it you can no longer use the aditional clocks feature when you click on it on the system tray cause its Calendar pops up, I tried disabling the calendar feature but still the Vista's aditional clocks wont show when I hover on it.

i have the same problem..

• 4 weeks later...