Its been done...

Neobond, I wasn't askingg yoou to put Gamers back into General Disc..

What i was asking was you to make a new Section

Video Games, Sports and Entertainment. <=== New Title Seection

Gamers Hangout

+--Console

+---PC

Media Room

+---Motion Piictures thing

Sports Arena.

You could even throw Jokes & Funny Stuff in there tooo.

Its like one big TV & Radio Section hahaa

Why should I create 2 OT sections?

just accept it.. jeez

I cannot give a yes answer because, frankly; I do not understand. I never got really mean or nasty. I'm just saying my opinion means nothing because I don't post that much like some of you all do. So I'm going to shut myself up (it was censored so you can't use that argument against me) before I get in trouble.

Because you should want to brand your forums as units. Its natural to have all your enteraintment stuff together.

You had Gamers as a General Disc. before... well you could keep it together with things thats its common with.

Its not really common with Internet or Overclocking :s. This is trying to hammer a nail with a paper clip.

Your set on what you want and you're not willing to budge at all.

I'm only being a pain because I see a really big benefit to your board if you put all these topics together.

I think that it would look better like this

Backpage News** (to match Main News)

Software Discussion & Assistance (to match Software News)

Gamers Hangout (to match Gamers News)

Internet, Network & Security

Hardware Hangout

Overclocking and PC Modding

Reviews by Members for Members

PDA, Tablet & Mobile Devices

Drivers Discussion & Assistance (this doesn't even get used much)

I cannot give a yes answer because, frankly; I do not understand. I never got really mean or nasty. I'm just saying my opinion means nothing because I don't post that much like some of you all do. So I'm going to shut myself up (it was censored so you can't use that argument against me) before I get in trouble.

Looks like you have some other issues to deal with, not us. Neowin has never had the policy of regarding new members opinions as nullified, in fact a good site administrator takes note of the opinion of his NEW sign-ups (as well as old) because its new sign-ups that keep the site going.

Your comment that you 'never really liked it here anyway' is your prerogative and something I have no bearing on because alot of other people do like it here and don't feel (as you do) that they have no voice.

I like it. I think I may have suggested a similar format a couple of years ago (gulp) here.

(Y)

Its something that has been constantly advised (move tech forums up) because basically we started Neowin as a resource to help members help each other, the General Discussion is off topic discussion and became popular because its so easily accessed.

We havent removed that by placing a link at the top of the forum index, we just want Neowin to focus more on how members and visitors should percieve us.

New layout is perfect, I just hope it brings more useful posts rather than the offtopic crap thats been taking over the boards as of late.

Maybe one thing to consider for a future change would be to move the backpage news section to the very top. After all, the forum is Neowin's backpage right? Regardless, I think the reorganization is great.

Oh... and IMHO the Designing & Programming section "should" be ordered like this:

Designing & Programming

--Web & Graphic Designers Corner

--Programming (C#, C++, JAVA, VB, .NET etc...)

--Web Programming (ASP, HTML, PHP, XML etc...)

--Bulletin Board Support

=)

I like it... it will take some getting used to though :) I like the new review sub forum I think it's great I might put something into there when i get a chance

I like it, although I think "The General Stuff" should be moved to the top, and leave everything else as is. Just kinda looks better IMHO. :)

That would defeat the purpose of this exercise, which was to get our tech forums to the top, while letting the OT stuff sink to the bottom.

Hows the sister xstaindx....?

back to the topic... as silly points out, this is helping neowin 'get back to roots'. It's only going to end up making the place better for you guys. We appreciate that change is hard, and understand it will take time for you to get used to it.

I like except for the driver discussion at the top. I think that software or hardware is more important and should be closer to the top. but that is just me.