Betaplace?

its been over 2 months now and i havnt been assigned anything yet what is happeing over there at microsoft

2 months is a very short time to be waiting ... I waited around 18mths before I got into my first beta ...

As AquaDex mentioned you first need to be invited to a beta (usually based on your profile you completed when you first applied), then reply and see what happens.

^^ Same here. I waited a little less than two years before I was accepted (I had Beta Tested Windows Whistler through Dell's Dogfood program, but that's not the same thing).

At one stage I had a nice beta ID and I was participating on 20 or so beta programs happily. Then i got kicked off without explanation (not that i needed one).

I am now back on and i'm on about 12 including some high profile ones like XPSP2 etc so it doesn't always take that long ;)

I waited about a week the first time and got into the DirectX Beta and now I am in 5 betas. Hopefully I'll get into the Longhorn beta, but I'm not holding my breath :D

Well that's great, I'm going to WinHEC :D

See ya there!

(Thursday May 6th, 2004)

SW04030 @ Princessa - Building Customer Satisfacton and Loyalty Through Community

That's what i'm speaking on if you wanna come and see :)

See ya there!

(Thursday May 6th, 2004)

SW04030 @ Princessa - Building Customer Satisfacton and Loyalty Through Community

That's what i'm speaking on if you wanna come and see :)

Sounds great! I might just do that.

is testing software as fun as testing the games?

i'm on the games side...never done the software stuff...i'd be too worried about it borking my system.

I cant remember how long it took me. I started with Win2000 SP3. I currently testing XP SP2, WU4 & 5 and MSN. I was part of Win2000 SP4 and Office 2003.

^^ Same here. I waited a little less than two years before I was accepted (I had Beta Tested Windows Whistler through Dell's Dogfood program, but that's not the same thing).

Right....just be patient, yo!

I'm on many betas right now (about 10). I was also in the same boat as creamhackered once. Beta ID got out, and MS gave me a new one then 2 months later kicked me off without explanation. And now i'm back on :p

is testing software as fun as testing the games?

i'm on the games side...never done the software stuff...i'd be too worried about it borking my system.

I tested Halo PC and that was sure fun compared to the software, but Office 2003/whistler were fun.

Well those who attend WinHEC or PDC are already on the Beta....from what i know anyway.

What about past Windows XP Beta Testers and XP SP2 Testers like me. Will we be invited to Longhorn? :huh:

At one stage I was (still am as far as I know, have NG access) to the XP Associate Expert Group NG's. People in that group were promised inclusion into future windows betas. Anyone remember? Or is my brain playing silly sticks with me? :cry:

I have been part of some many good ones in the past including ME (don't kill me for that one), whistler, office xp/2k3, msn9, wu4/5, and the ongoing msn beta testing.

I am sooo hoping to be part of the future beta testing of longhorn and the next version of office (which I hear is supposed to be totally redone from the ground up)

,Apr 21 2004, 18:48] What about past Windows XP Beta Testers and XP SP2 Testers like me. Will we be invited to Longhorn? :huh:

At one stage I was (still am as far as I know, have NG access) to the XP Associate Expert Group NG's. People in that group were promised inclusion into future windows betas. Anyone remember? Or is my brain playing silly sticks with me? :cry:

I have access into those NG as well, but haven't heard anything about being automatcially included in the next OS beta.

Lets see I first got an invitation to MSN Premium beta. So finished that, and now im testing Encarta 2005. Ive only been in it for 1 year i think though. Dont worry, just wait for a guest code and do the surverys and you might just get picked. :)