Any 1 got a 64bit Pc they dont want

We bought our first license of Windows 2000 Advanced Server (not 64-bit) at work for the new Exchange server. My boss asked me if there was a big difference. It old him ther was. Then I pressed ctrl+alt+del and showed him where it said Windows 2000 Advanced Server instead of Windows 2000 Server.

Originally posted by mtgriffith

We bought our first license of Windows 2000 Advanced Server (not 64-bit) at work for the new Exchange server. My boss asked me if there was a big difference. It old him ther was. Then I pressed ctrl+alt+del and showed him where it said Windows 2000 Advanced Server instead of Windows 2000 Server.

LMAO!!! what did your boss say after you did that?

Originally posted by Vlad

lol what in the world motivated you to buy advanced server?

the banner in the about box that says advanced server (it turns him on. shh.. dont tell him that!) hehehe :D

I wasn't the one who chose Microsoft Exchange.

I've heard that other e-mail servers that run on Linux (or whatever) barely take any resources. The current server is running Exchange 5.5. It's a Dual Pentium III 600 with 1 GB RAM. Exchange is killing it. Store.exe takes up 99% of the resources. My new server is a Dual Pentium III 1000 with 4 GB RAM and a 150 GB RAID. I've been given the task of "upgrading" us to Exchange 2000.

Just so everyone knows the difference between Exchange Server and Exchange Server Enterprise is that the Information Store is limited to 16 GB. One day ours hit 16 GB and the whole thing came to a stop. We couldn't get it going again until we spent $3000 to buy the Enterprise license.

the banner in the about box that says advanced server (it turns him on. shh.. dont tell him that!) hehehe

The only place it says Advanced Server is when I log in and when I press ctrl+alt+del. I looked in system properties and ran winver and it didn't say Advanced in either place. What a rip off.