I know no one really cares but...

*I* got a job finally!! :D I'm no longer unemployed!! :D I tell you, being layed off about a week before the Sept 11th thing, it got REALLY hard to find a decent job that actually wanted to hire me. It took moving from Austin, TX to Lima, OH. But I'm here... and though it took a couple months, *I* got me a nice tech job once again!! Hmmm... I need to go to my profile and write it in there!

way to go !!!! time for some moneeeeeeeeey for hard ware products! (if u love to buy comp hardware)
You know I do! Now I can finally finish my half-built system I have laying here. hahaha I was beginning to give up hope of ever getting hired... but then 3 days ago I get a call from the company President and he hands me an offer letter and hires me on board as head of Internal/External Software Implementation and 3rd Party Software Consultant. Not too shabby... now I just hope the company remains stable (or at least doesn't lay off)... unlike the last one I was at. "Where were you at before, that cruley layed you off with no warning?" you ask? Well... here's a clue... it's spokesperson likes to say DUDE a lot... and they LOVE the color Blue... any takers? :p hahaha I hold no grudges... just wished it happened to someone else rather than me. lol Oh well... all that matters is that I'm working, I enjoy it, and I'm getting $paid$!!
congrats!
gj
awesome
Thank you all for the support! I seem to not be getting much at the moment from others (namely relatives... hahaha)...

Congrats do you need a new computer pm me and Ill give you a good deal

GOT TO MILK THE MONEY OUT OF THOSE PEOPLE WITH JOBS

Originally posted by Phinal Phantasm

*I* got a job finally!! :D I'm no longer unemployed!! :D I tell you, being layed off about a week before the Sept 11th thing, it got REALLY hard to find a decent job that actually wanted to hire me. It took moving from Austin, TX to Lima, OH. But I'm here... and though it took a couple months, *I* got me a nice tech job once again!! Hmmm... I need to go to my profile and write it in there!

What are you doing?! Get off your lazy butt and get back to work-you slacker!

jk. good job..now get back to work!

What are you doing?! Get off your lazy butt and get back to work-you slacker!

jk. good job..now get back to work!

:p hahaha I can post as I work... lol hahaha I'm "Implementing" hahaha Nah, I was home when I wrote that... I just was in early to meet the pres of the company and everything. I "officially" start on Mon... but they've had me running to all over the place to meet everyone. hahaha

HAHAHA Thanks everybody for all your support! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Oh my God! Make it stop, it burns!!!! :D

Originally posted by Goalie_CA

Congrats!!! Gj. Finding a job can be tough and you had to move as well. Hope you've found some good friends and chicks to hang out with too.

Originally posted by 3nd3r

Congrats! Now go buy some b33r and celebrate!:D :p

Hmmm... chicks and b33r... sounds like I should be out having a fun time... but actually that unfortunately has to wait for tomorrow or Sunday. :( I got a packet of stuff to learn and stuff to fill out that is about the size of a dictionary... I kid you not! It's at least 3 pounds of paper! hahaha Well, I guess that's what I should expect working for a company that does some of it's business selling networked copier/printers... hahahaha

As far as the move, yeah, it sucked... I liked living in Round Rock (TX) but hey... I have a job here now, so it ain't that bad... hopefully my next move will be in 6 months to Bowling Green, OH... anyone here from there or know much about it? It's been suggested by a few of the guys here... but I want other opinions if they're out there. hahaha :D

Originally posted by mtgriffith

That's great. I'm glad to hear it.

My company is laying off so I'm a little worried. Not that I wouldn't mind hanging out with you guys all day. :)

Where are ya workin'? If you don't wanna say it's cool. I was at Dell when I was layed off... it was during they're "Panic!!!" phase. I almost got by without gettin' kicked out, but I was caught on their last round... oh well, easy come, easy go... right? Anyways, I hope you keep yours man... keep us posted!! :D

Originally posted by bhd

where'd you get a job at and how much you make an hr. ima rob j00 :)

Oh no! :o Don't rob me! hahaha And I don't know what I make per hour really. I'm on a VERY funky pay plan... lol I have a pay per hour, plus a bonus plan, plus a commision plan, but yet I don't sell anything (I get 2% of any sale I worked on... before or after the sale was made. Meaning if someone sold a company a database-type software and I have to go install it, no matter when I go... since I was there, I get 2% of whatever the sale was)... it's VERY bizarre. Of course, My main prob with the company is that most people there are VERY computer illiterate. The "IT" dept. is run by girls who couldn't cut it as the office staff. No, I'm not saying that to be degrading to women or anything... it's the truth... there were 3 girls who were hired as office staff, they couldn't handle it so they made them the IT dept. They don't have 1 computer degree/cert between them. They can't install an exchange server, or set up the wireless network they have. They get confused installing software and can't fix the most basic of SW/HW problems. *I* have been told that I will have to do it all for them. But yet I'm supposed to ask them for permission for anything I want to install (SW or HW!!)... I mean, really now. And get this... they install PCAnywhere as well as other stuff to spy on what I'm doing and what's on my system. It's the only thing they really know how to use. It's depressing! lol :dead:

Well that's sad... lol I was hoping I'd come back and there'd be more messages. lol hahaha Hmmm... maybe I'm a tad bit impatient... oh well... haha