Win+D vs Win+M

These two keyboard shortcuts do the same thing as far as I can see but for some reason Win+M does it smoother (no flickering desktop icons). Does anyone know any more about what?s going on with this:unsure:e:

win + d = show desktop

win + m = minimize all

slightly different. :)

But minimizing all is showing desktop. :blink: :laugh: :wacko:

And lets not forget win+shift+m to toggle. Confusing...

wow i never used win + m and it's so much smoother and quicker than win + d, but i only have a win key at the left hand side of the keyboard :( (ms multimedia natural keyboard). but it's kindda hard to press win + shift + m to get the windows back, where win + d will do the same with keys much closer :p

If I remember right Win+M minimizes only minimizable windows, so things like the desktop properties are still showing (or other things that can't be minimized). And Win+D just hides everything.

If I remember right Win+M minimizes only minimizable windows, so things like the desktop properties are still showing (or other things that can't be minimized). And Win+D just hides everything.

exactly.

if you do win + m, things like y'z dock and miranda will stay open while all the browser windows will minimize. win + d will show the desktop, so y'z dock and miranda will also disappear.

the difference is rather subtle.

exactly.

if you do win + m, things like y'z dock and miranda will stay open while all the browser windows will minimize. win + d will show the desktop, so y'z dock and miranda will also disappear.

the difference is rather subtle.

Gotcha.