Abortion - YES or NO

178 members have voted

1. 1. Abortion - YES or NO

• Yes, I support it
    • No, I am against it
    • Yes and No - it depends on the situation
    • I don't care / I haven't really thought about it

Weird, I had a conversation about this in school today. Even though it does depend on the situation, I am against it. I would rather let my girl have the baby, and then give it up for adoption. If you were to abort it, in 10 years you might wonder, "I wonder what my baby would have turned out to be?" I think that if you get a girl pregnant, or become pregnant, you should have the baby. If you know you are not going to be able to support it, give it up for adoption. Don't kill it :/

i'm not really for abortion but if the girl got raped or anything like that n she was pregnant, she could get an abortion if she wishes since it could ruin her life, but either than that, there should be full protection used (condom and pills n etc)

seriously, it's like, what's better, republican, democrat or indepent? who cares, there's no right or wrong answer, and all it's gonna do is start arguments. or even better, let's start a poll "what's the best religion?" 2 things you never argue, religion and politics.

Agreed with the last few on this. It's a General Discussion forum, but really folks! What next: "Mercy Killing: YES or NO?" Or how about a poll on whether we should sterilize stupid people. That'll go over well...

Originally posted by StimpyX

Agreed with the last few on this. It's a General Discussion forum, but really folks! What next: "Mercy Killing: YES or NO?" Or how about a poll on whether we should sterilize stupid people. That'll go over well...

LOL :D

I needed a little light heated sarcasm. :)

Lets look at this issiue a diferent way shall we?

People say women have the right to chose... Alright... fine, whatever floats your boat, women very much have the right to choose. Now see, the problem is, most people think the choice comes AFTER you get pregnant. Well... I'm sorry, but last time I checked, one of the risks of having sex is GETTING PREGNANT... That's when the choice is made. Sorry, you made a mistake? deal with it. You chose to have sex, you accept the conciquences.

Now... what if the women was rapped? Thats a diferent story... it was never her choice so she can go ahead and abort it... but... not after whatever month it is where the baby is umm... mature? Sorry, can't think of the word...

Yeah? double standard? I don't care. I stand by my views.

How about I ask this?

Are you for sticking a pistol to the back of your newborns head and pulling the trigger or not?

Considering most everyone would ask what kind of sicko and maniac I am, thats exctly what abortion is. Abortion is for cowards who can't face responsiblity head on nor can they face the act of murder either. So what they do in return is blow the brains of the baby out without ever seeing it's face or body in the daylight nor do they have to see it writhe in pain as it's dieing right there in what normally is the safest place for any human being, a mothers womb.

Personally I'd like to see the law give abortion doctors the same status as a serial killer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for sniping or pipe bombing any clinics, I think the law should be changed so that you get the death sentence for abortion.

For those who dislike what I said, reality bites eh? Can't deny reality.

Originally posted by modem

How about I ask this?

Are you for sticking a pistol to the back of your newborns head and pulling the trigger or not?

Considering most everyone would ask what kind of sicko and maniac I am, thats exctly what abortion is. Abortion is for cowards who can't face responsiblity head on nor can they face the act of murder either. So what they do in return is blow the brains of the baby out without ever seeing it's face or body in the daylight nor do they have to see it writhe in pain as it's dieing right there in what normally is the safest place for any human being, a mothers womb.

Personally I'd like to see the law give abortion doctors the same status as a serial killer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for sniping or pipe bombing any clinics, I think the law should be changed so that you get the death sentence for abortion.

For those who dislike what I said, reality bites eh? Can't deny reality.

Abortion and Murder are two separate things(before a brain and heart develop the child is not clinically alive). Reality does bit for people as close-minded as you! One of my best friends was brutally raped three years ago. She did not ask for the attack, let alone for a child. She was just about out of High school and on her way to West Point. Dumb a$$es like you think she should trade her future, her life, for something that has not yet been born.

Before any religious fanatic with no grasp on truth, or as you say reality says anything. Let me tell you I don't care. I have faith in God and choose to thank him for the things we have. I will not condemn a person for exercising Gods gift of free will. They will have to deal with there decisions in time. And God can be the only one to judge them. Not us!

Originally posted by Toxikk

no one's forcing you to read these threads ya know

this i know, but it seems that we are losing the serious aspect cpu aspect and we all want to fight eachother.

this is a very touch subject, my gf when she was 16 had her baby she didnt want it abborted

i personnaly think its up to the person

everyones situation is differant

well said devin

agreed with everything u said

its really not for us to judge

Originally posted by aco

Abortion, hardly a topic for a bunch of guys to talk about. :s

Anyhow, carry on if you like. :ponder:

bahahaha I was thinking that myself.

Quick statement: Its up to the woman having the baby. nuff said.

This is a Computer/Windows website, its retarded to start a thread just to see if people will talk under it. Whoever started this thread is a dumbass

Originally posted by aitf311

This is a Computer/Windows website, its retarded to start a thread just to see if people will talk under it. Whoever started this thread is a dumbass

THANK YOU. people are starting to see where i am coming from

Originally posted by aco

Abortion, hardly a topic for a bunch of guys to talk about. :s

Anyhow, carry on if you like. :ponder:

Don't take this as a flame, it's just an observation... but what makes you think this forum is all a bunch of guys? I bet there are a lot of females in here.

Besides, it does take both genders to make a baby. ;)

As for my opinion on it... I'm pro choice But I don't believe it should be used as a form of birth control. But if a woman is raped, or if carrying through with the pregnancy would kill her, then yes, she should have the choice to end it.

I'm in favor of most abortions, it's the woman's right to choose.

There are several cases where the life of the mother is more important than the potential for life in a small bundle of embryonic cells.

First, we don't know when life begins for sure, but we can look at the facts. In an embryo the heart starts functioning very soon, but that's not because there's a brain to tell it to function, it's becasue heart cells naturally contract and pump. The brain takes weeks to develop and not for awhile are there any electrical activities.

So maybe life begins with the first electrical impulses in the brain. Lots of people say life begins right away when the cells start to divide. But if cell division is the definition for life, then organ donation would be murder. The only way organ transplants work are because the cells are still alive after the brain stops functioning. So if we are taking organs out of people after they are dead, and if life is defined as cell division, then all organ transplant doctors are murderers too.

So in my opinion, the "murder" isn't murder at that early point. It's saving the life and future of the mother.

Now, as far as late-term abortions, I'm not a big fan of that. The woman has time to decide, and she should have made up her mind by that time. But if there are medical reasons that giving birth will kill the mother, then it's my opinion that the mother should live. If my wife were going to die because of a complication in the ninth month of pregnancy, I would do what ever it takes to save my wife. I would love my unborn child, and hate that I have to make a choice, but my wife would win that choice each time. I only have one wife, but we can try to have another child...

Anyways, those are my opinions on this...

iUk

ACO, Devin, and aitf311 ----- on the money.

....but discourse is the foundation of society (well, ours in theory anyway).

This issue will never be resolved because the fundemental argument cannot be determined one way or the other:

Is the mass of cells 'alive'? What consititutes aliveness, etc...?

I thought killing was wrong? Hypocrisy does not bode well when trying to win an argument. Be consistent in your beliefs and you will fair much better. People will begin to take you seriously.

edit: Wait a minute .... this is the same person that started the Evolution vs Creationism thread. You want to believe in the tooth fairy .... fine ... I have no problem with that. Now will you afford me the same respect and allow me to NOT believe in the tooth fairy? Thank You. ::p:

......... and yes ..... lets put sterilization agents in the water supply !! :p :cheeky::p :p :p