Neowin Mail Service Review

Neowin Mail Service Review

Price: $11.97 USD / Year.

?6.69 GBP /Year.

Payment: Paypal

First off I am going to review the new Neowin email service that?s in your control panel.

controlsmall.gif[/urlWhat you get:/b>

10mb Mail Account

Neowinmail.net (and others) domain use

POP Mail feature

Web Mail system (neowinmail.net) Horde.

+ Member on the forums

And supporting neowin.

Web Mail System:/b>

http://www.neowinmail.net is the login page, the web mail system runs of the well known script Horde (click for information)

startsmall.gifInbox:/b>

The layout is a very nice a Professional one with all the features you would need, also the server that?s it on is very fast so no lag problems that you get with services like hotmail.com

inboxsmall.gif

When reading your email you have all the common features and things like ?Blacklist? to help combat spam.

inbox2small.gif

Here is a picture of mail composition as you can see it?s a nice clean layout.

http://www.pigne.net/razorforce/neomail/compsmall.gif[/imPOP Service:

Here is a picture of the service in Thunderbird as you can see the neowinmail.net domain looks real nice.

http://www.pigne.net/razorforce/neomail/thunsmall.gif[/imConclusion:

If you regularly visit Neowin its well worth getting even if you don?t really need the email to support neowin.net. But if you are looking for a nice new email account this is the prefect setup for web based and users of mail client based.

Pros:

-Horde Mail System

-Supporting Neowin

-Support on Forums

-Small Price

Cons:

-No IMAP support.

Many Thanks,

SW5

Edited by SW5

Great Review.... was wondering what the service looked like.

I'm definitely looking into getting it just to support Neowin. I'm probably going to turn to GMail once its available, and I assume most Neowinites will to, but anything to support Neowin is fine by me.

Thanks for the nice review :)

@Liquid: No one is or will be forcing you to sign u, the members asked for the feature and now we are providing it. If you don't want it, good and fine. :)

Thanks for the nice review :)

@Liquid: No one is or will be forcing you to sign u, the members asked for the feature and now we are providing it. If you don't want it, good and fine. :)

I want it because its neowin but i cant afford it :laugh:

Oh my god. That's me with the "could someone.." tab. I'm famous!

Welcome to the fourm ;) , post more :yes:

Glad im on the front page, thanks for the comments guys.

I have gmail so I don't need this. BTW, how many mb can you attach? $11 USD is too expensive for 10mb.

too expensive??

we are talking per year not month. Its cheap if you want a @neowin.net

Welcome to the fourm  ;) , post more  :yes:

Glad im on the front page, thanks for the comments guys.

<<removed -neowin admin>>

Edited by Voodoo

Awesome. I'm graduating from college and I am looking into different services (Timdorr's web hosting, email, etc.) and this would be perfect for me. I think I'll sign up as soon as I find a job.

Jstphish@neowin.net ... I can see it now!

Wow! I must have been living in a cave! I didn't even know Neowin offered an email account! $12/ year isn't bad either, especially since it supports this fantastic site. Is there a link somewhere to sign up? Or did my dumb-ass just not see it?

guys @neowin isn't an option for member email

but neowinmail.com, neowinmail.net, neowinian.net, myneowin.net, neowinemail.net domains can be used

Wow! I must have been living in a cave! I didn't even know Neowin offered an email account! $12/ year isn't bad either, especially since it supports this fantastic site. Is there a link somewhere to sign up? Or did my dumb-ass just not see it?

My Controls> Options>Purchase Paid Subscriptions

There you go :D

check your my controls for paid subs & sign up

http://www.neowinmail.net is the login page, the web mail system runs of the well know script Horde (click for information)

Great! Finally I get to know more about Neowin's email service!

Congrats on making on the front page! I'm not sure if it should be "well known script" instead of "well know script" :p. (You may ask a mod or whomever to remove this italicised statement, if you wish :rolleyes: )

Cheers :D,

user_plex

I love Neowin, and I wish I can support Neowin. However, no offense but the mail service is a tad bit expensive with little service, it's just another e-mail service like all the others out there, and the layout is not that great either (not bad though!). If it was free, now that would be another perspective. :rolleyes:

dL

haha second that! i never heard of it either