Compaq 126-key Keyboard

Well, it all started when I needed a new keyboard. Well, not actually needed, but if you do not like cream coloured stuff, you know what it is like. I was rather impressed with this Compaq product. If you like multimedia keys, or just want them for bragging rights, this keyboard has them, and a lot! This keyboard does have it's errors though.

Anyways, I was browsing Tigerdirect's site, and I found a Black on Silver Compaq keyboard. I figured even though it was a Compaq product, I'd take my chances (It was only 20 bucks)

So, order went through, and got it a week later.

Pics of front & back of box:

Compaq1.jpg

Compaq2.jpg

You can't expect a real attractive box on a keyboard.

Inside the box was another box which contained a bag that contained the keyboard.

Compaq3.jpg

An educated guess says that the bag is for shipping protection.

Compaq4.jpg

Here is the keyboard set up with a generic mouse that I'd rather not talk about.

Looks pretty nice, but when the LEDs lit up, I could tell they were not protected in anyway whatsoever.

The multimedia keys from left to right are:

Back, Forward, Stop, Refresh. Search, Favourites, Home, E-mail (OE only), Mute, Volume down, volume down, rewind, stop, play, forward, Media Player, Calculator, My Computer, Power, Sleep, and Wake up.

No drivers were required and it is VERY silent when keystrokes are make :). However, it'd be nice if you could program some of the keys. Layout kinda sucks also.

So, little wrap:

(Y)s

Quiet

Enough multimedia keys.

Looks good

No drivers Required.

(N)s

MM keys are not programmable

LEDs not protected in any way

Layout not everyones taste

Overall, this is a pretty kickass keyboard from Compaq and is my Daily typer,. This is the first time I have ever said "Kickass" and "Compaq" in the same sentence

Tested Browsers:

IE - Perfect!

Mozilla Firefox - Almost there*

Opera 7.5 - Perfect!**

*Home key in MF will just open up another browser window.

**Pressing e-mail key while using Opera will open up browser client, regardless of default client.

Edited by Codegen

:) Looks nice, but I am so used to my imported british microsoft keyboard I could never type without a wrist rest and the key map I was brought up on :p

Dear Member,

Your account has exceeded the traffic quota limit for the day.

Please try your action again later.

If you require further information or explanation for this error,

you may contact your customer support representative.

Your Support Team

What OptiPlex said, right click the image, and open it directly, chances are they are cached for you, so refresh (and move to a better host).

• 2 weeks later...