who thinks people need to stop making stupid threads

30 members have voted

1. 1. who thinks people need to stop making stupid threads

• yup
    • nope
    • what?

remember that these threads are in the GENERAL discussion group, n general usually means basically anything, if there wasnt a general discussion group, then there wouldnt be these so called "stupid" threads, most of the ppl who make them just want ppls oppinions, n if u dont like the threads that are stupid, just dont go into them, simple as that...

Stupid Threads STupid polls

There in the general forum let them be if you bitch about them the more they will pop up

and as silver gold says if you don't like them ignore them

yea just ignore them. no one makes you read them.... Unless you are being controlled by big green aliens who make you read every single thread on neowin like me. :D

I couldn't agree more, the threads are getting dumber by the day.... The ones that are the worst are the polls, the jokes, and the ones in which the questions are answered, but people continue to post, especially the ones that go like:

Person A:I have a question, how do you do this.

Person B:You do this.

Person C.I also do that.

Person D:I agree with Person B, you should do that.

Person E:I have been doing what Person B reccomended for years now.

Person A:Thank you Person B for the help.

I only see three needed messages

most of the threads in the general section lately are as pointless as my bf trying to give me a wedgie when I'm already wearing a thong.

Originally posted by mOOzilla

oh lighten up :)

ive stopped now :)

Theyre in the joke forum, the correct place. U dont get the joke, some1 else might.

Oh really ? Lets hope so. In the past 15 minutes i have seen atleast three childish threads from you. The last being "april desktops" only a couple minutes ago. Are you really that immature ? Bored ? Or just stupid.... which one !? :right:

If you don't like the title of the thread don't go.

If Polls and Threads are stupid why did this guy made this stupid thread and poll.

And if people want to write whatever they want they can.

Wasn't the US of A founded on Liberty??????

no, what bugs me is how these forums went from 80% helpful and on topic/20% pointless to over 80% pointless and 20% helpful and on topic. yeah, you can still find answers here, but it's gonna take longer cuz of all the spam/crap you have to sift through. i don't look at the joke thread, i think it's a waste of space and just causes trouble. i don't feel it's appropriate to this site, there are other more suitable venues for that type of stuff. but when i come to the main page this is what i see:

annoying

5 of the last 8 threads are totally useless.

i seriously think Neobond and/or the mods need to come up with something better for these forums, they are degrading every day now in their quality content.

What may be useful is a filter in the options to display the topic groups that are last updated rather than them all.

Shouldnt be too difficult to implement.

Agree with BroChaos. Sure.. people can avoid these absurd threads but why the hell even post tripe like this to begin with !?!? Are you really just that starved for attention !?

In case you have not noticed yet, it makes people mad ! We come here for news. News on windows, IT etc... not childish crap about "knobs" and "llamas". They are not jokes, thats called "lamerness".

The mods do a great job of watching these threads but sadly some crap like these stupid threads will slip through the antilamer net. Upping the min join age is an ideal solution.

I havnt posted any new threads. all i see now is threats not threads. Tinman is postin flamewar threads. So that kind of thread is ok is it? Good example setting there. People like you keeping replying to those threads also makes you keep them active.

The only safe forum is the programming forum. You can ask a question and get an answer right away. Better yet, only relevant replies are posted!!!

no, what bugs me is how these forums went from 80% helpful and on topic/20% pointless to over 80% pointless and 20% helpful and on topic. yeah, you can still find answers here, but it's gonna take longer cuz of all the spam/crap you have to sift through. i don't look at the joke thread, i think it's a waste of space and just causes trouble. i don't feel it's appropriate to this site, there are other more suitable venues for that type of stuff. but when i come to the main page this is what i see:

And that ofcourse is all my fault. In tomorrows headlines, Im responsible for world hunger too. Erm you are just looking for some1 to blame thats all and you chose me. Im glad that im worthy of so much of your time *kissie kissie*