fave email client

i was jus wondering whats everyones fave email client? i prefer outlook/oe (would use only outlook if my version of it (2k) supported hotmail accounts), some ppl jus prefer using web mail, n some of my friends prefer using n6/n4/or eudora for email

eudora 5.1 but i also love the freeware client Calypso 3.30

they used to charge for calpyso, but the company went out of business so now you get a full featured e-mail client for free. if i didn't use eudora, that's the one i'd probably use

I like PocoMail. Been using it since 1.whatever and now it's on 2.6 and coming along nicely.

Silvergold... there are a number of programs that will let you check Hotmail w/ any client.... search Google for them.

Sadly I can't think of the name of the one I used for awhile offhand :ponder:

I use Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 (for Windows XP Professional) because

+ It's faster than Web Mail (no need to wait for page refreshes etc.)

+ It's got more options. Web Mail is too basic IMO

+ Newgroup section. Couldn't live without it...

- No auto-detecting of Junk mail like Hotmail has (useful option)

- Lack of updates

Originally posted by King Mustard

I use Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000 (for Windows XP Professional) because

+ Newgroup section. Couldn't live without it...

OE's newsgroup reader is just about on par with AOL's. Get Agent. Hell get Free Agent.

outlook XP!!! i always use outlook and not the crappy express version. in 2K there was a way to uninstall OE but outlook 2000 needed it so when you installed 2000 it would automatically put it back. outlook XP doesn't need it (sorta) so can we uninstall it in Windows XP (uninstall Outlook Express)???

Come one now! There can't be this many people using outlook and outlook express?:s those two suck green weenies.:evil: Eudora for mail, Agent for news...In the words of Nancy Reagan, O/OE just say NO! :D :D

Come one now! There can't be this many people using outlook and outlook express? those two suck green weenies. Eudora for mail, Agent for news...In the words of Nancy Reagan, O/OE just say NO!

Why not use them? As long as you have installed the security patch that keeps lamers from opening executables then they work just fine.

I just use Hotmail along with MSN Messenger (to check my e-mail in realtime and sign in much quicker).

Though I would like to find an alternative e-mail checker, or if anyone knows if you can set it up through the AIM mail check thing.

Thanks,

~Joseph

Originally posted by mtgriffith

As long as you have installed the security patch...

that's why, for one. there are a lot of people who have very little knowledge of their computers. they know that if they open up their computer, and press this little icon, they'll get mail.They don't understand that in order to make sure their e-mail client works properly, they need to be constantly updating their machine. i do consulting work for 2 different companies and the tech dept complains that they spend most of their time fixing the messes created by O/OE, and it's not just the security holes.

personally, i don't care. Use what you want to use, but it just amazes me that this many people use them. I'd use just about anything else but O/OE. I'd even suffer through hard-as-hell-to-learn Pegasus. I think that m$ really screwed the pooch with their e-mail clients.

Originally posted by SOOPAH256

I just use Hotmail along with MSN Messenger (to check my e-mail in realtime and sign in much quicker).

Though I would like to find an alternative e-mail checker, or if anyone knows if you can set it up through the AIM mail check thing.

Thanks,

~Joseph

not possible. Hotmail is HTTP and AIM can only check POP3 email accounts... so no.. it wont work and there's nothing you can do about it! :)

Originally posted by mtgriffith

I used to use Pegasus Mail :D

Pegasus....UGGGGGGGGGLY! ;)

Works fine, but that e-mail client hit every branch on the way down the ugly tree.

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

not possible. Hotmail is HTTP and AIM can only check POP3 email accounts... so no.. it wont work and there's nothing you can do about it! :)

Yeah, I tried it out many times before. Thanks for the confirmation though, SHoTTa35.

~Joseph

We used to use Pegasus Mail at work before we went Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. Now I'm working on "upgrading" us to Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002.

I remember having to get after people to clean up their mail. I had a user who cleaned up hundreds of messages only to have his inbox get corrupt and have them all come back when he reindexed his folders.