Best Free Screen Capture App?

I'm trying to find a good screen capture app. So far I have been dissapointed with the ones I've tried (printscreen works better =(

Specifically I'm looking for an app which can:

capture the cursor

create an animated image

capture transparent windows

Any suggestions/recommendations?

thanks again

I was trying to capture some screenshots too, earlier. But I was trying to get video that I was playing. When I used the "printscreen" option...the video doesn't appear. It shows up as black, or video that I am 'currently' playing on my computer (hard to explain, but i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about). Do you know how I can resolve this problem?

~Joseph

happens with some video codecs i think and/or specific video cards...doesn't happen to me and i got a gforce 2 mx 440 with/ tv out...anyways prt scr isn't a program it's a key on your keyboard...then you use whatever image program you like best and paste the screenshot in there then save it...i don't know why there are desktop screen making progz...

Print Screen works best but so does these apps below they say.

http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

http://www.hyperionics.com/index.asp

You can't capture movies and stuff because they use directshow. Directshow is fast because it allows app to write directly to the display memory. Print Screen I think works differently.

These two apps can capture everything that is being displayed.

I've used all the free programs out there, and nothing beats "Print Screen", I use this then open up PSP 7, and just press "Paste", and edit from there.

I find it the most efficient and easiest to use in my opinion :rambo:

Hypersnap DX has gotta be the best capturing proggy. Not free but ya could get it for free if ya search :)

Maybe an old waresion oops version.

I'm told PrintScreen can pick up videos that normally appear as black if you go into the settings and turn Hardware Acceleration to zero/minimum. Haven't tried it, though.