If you had to choose between the 2

66 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to choose between the 2

• MSN
    • AOL

Hey I am doing this computer survey for my computer class and part of the assigment is... find a group of people and ask them Which would you choose... MSN or AOL, and then why.

So if you had choose between MSN or AOL, then what would you pick, and why would you pick that one???

Please don't say neither and then give something else, because my question on the assignment was very specific.

Thanks

I would definately have to say MSN because Microsoft is a software developer, while AOL is not. AOL may have their own software, but it is really only a means to an end, as they are really a media company, especially now that they are AOL/Time Warner. I also see Microsoft as the lesser of the two evils.

It is obvious to the user that AOL is in the game to make money, and nothing more. Microsoft, of course, is centered on making money too, but their gameplan is to innovate. AOL's gameplan is to get as many users as possible no matter how. I think Microsoft's software would be more innovative and better developed.

Well...I use both pretty regularly, but i would pick MSN

Pluses about msn

1)you can have more than two people messaging in a window

2)email alerts

3)MSN doesn't have the advertisements

4)uses less system resources for me

5)You know who has added you to their buddy list

But theres a couple things I like about AIM too...

1)you can customize your own away messages

2)if the message window in msn is the active window, it doesn't make a sound if you get a message...very annoying if you are doing something else in the room. AIM you can always tell when you get a message

3)aim has buddy icons :-)

If may seem pretty close....but the pluses I put down for AIM aren't that important to me...just extra niceties

Had to vote for MSN because it's a true ISP whereas AOL is a network with internet access, so msn would be faster for gaming. Secondly AOL's interface is huge and inneffecient

Well, since I use AOL as my connection (but I use MSN Messenger/Explorer too), I would have to say AOL. It is actually pretty reliable, but it lacks some things. In MSN, you can block someone with a single click. In AOL, you gotta go into mail controls and manually do it. AOL has a crapload of good features, but it's really all fluff. I mean, I don't use a lot of the stuff they have to offer, but some of it is useful. The AOL Mobile Communicator is a good idea, but expensive as hell. It's almost $400 for the unit and I don't even know how much more per month.

And plus, when I buy a new Gateway, I get a year free of AOL, so why not use it? :)

AOL is just stupid. Confusing and dumb, from what I've heard and seen with people who have it. MSN is microsoft, so ya know its gonna have problems, but they'll usually get fixed fairly quick, and yea its just msn. better stuff.

Microsoft knows what they are doing better than AOL does IMHO.

AOL also censors some of what they don't like - mostly anti-aol stuff (bet you didn't know that, eh?)

Originally posted by ShOcKz1104

Hey I am doing this computer survey for my computer class and part of the assigment is... find a group of people and ask them Which would you choose... MSN or AOL, and then why.

So if you had choose between MSN or AOL, then what would you pick, and why would you pick that one???

Please don't say neither and then give something else, because my question on the assignment was very specific.

Thanks

I think you got your answer :) Didn't you ?

Originally posted by 3nd3r

well now that i know how to bypass JUNO's software and get the internet absolutly free i would say to hell with both of them :D ;) :p

i would love to know how to do that,

i would really appreciate it if u could drop me an email or PM telling me how to do that.. the Juno ad is so annoying :D

lookin forward to that email

BLACKWAR

oh yeah and u can send it to signups2001@yahoo.com

Hey everybody... thanks for replyin!!! :) I wasn't expecting this many responses! Wow... there is a pretty clear margin between the too.

Oh I would have to choose MSN... MSN Explorer gets more bug updates then AOL, their Instant Messager is clearly better, and its faster aswell (internet and software aswell). MSN also doesn't disconnect me as much either... When I had AOL it disconnected me so fast it I didn't even know I logged on! It went Welcome, You've got mail... and then immedately after that it went "Goodbye".

Well once again thanks for all your responses... if you wanna keep voting go right ahead.

- S h O c K z