Internet Explorer vs Firefox vs Opera

sorry, but firefox is too buggy, bloated and slow and doesn't have any cool features (you need to download unusable extensions), and it isn't a professional, commercial product, but a kid's hobby. so it can't quite measure up to the real professional browsers.

sorry, but firefox is too buggy, bloated and slow and doesn't have any cool features (you need to download unusable extensions), and it isn't a professional, commercial product, but a kid's hobby. so it can't quite measure up to the real professional browsers.

negative6.gif

I hate trolls sooo much .. :angry:

I hate trolls sooo much .. :angry:

What's wrong with you? D_ralphie is telling the truth to some point. On many machines Firefox resaults in A LOT of problems, not strange as it's not even official stable 1.0 version yet. You want a browser using this rendering engine then the classic Mozilla is the only truly stable version of it.

You are more of trolls not confessing Firefox is still a beta.

Buggy - maybe. Bloated and Slow? Not even.

Not sure if you are a troll or just dense, but you should do your research a bit more. I prefer Mozilla to FireFox, but the idea of being able to choose the extensions you wish to install - that is how it should be. FireFox has AutoScroll built in already, and the Tab Browsing Extension is simply awesome.

Mozilla is closer to a fully polished commercial release, but FireFox ain't half bad.

Buggy - maybe. Bloated and Slow? Not even.

Not sure if you are a troll or just dense, but you should do your research a bit more. I prefer Mozilla to FireFox, but the idea of being able to choose the extensions you wish to install - that is how it should be. FireFox has AutoScroll built in already, and the Tab Browsing Extension is simply awesome.

Mozilla is closer to a fully polished commercial release, but FireFox ain't half bad.

It does feel like a CPU monkey

so when i state something like that about firefox, i'm a troll, lame and so on. but when the 'reviewer' writes the following about opera in his 'unbiased review', it is perfectly fine?

Firefox lives up to its name, while Opera does not. Opera is no longer the fastest browser on Earth as it claimed to be. Sorry fans, but I think it should deserve the bloatest browser on Earth instead.

if you are going to be an ass and start off biased against something, stating nonsense like that, don't pretend to be unbiased!

so it can't quite measure up to the real professional browsers

I think that the extension approach is great. That way, you can let people decide WHAT they want in their browser rather not forcing features down their throat.

so when i state something like that about firefox, i'm a troll, lame and so on. but when the 'reviewer' writes the following about opera in his 'unbiased review', it is perfectly fine?

if you are going to be an ass and start off biased against something, stating nonsense like that, don't pretend to be unbiased!

Saying Opera is not the fastest is a long way from calling it a bloated, buggy piece of crap. Grow up, ok? Geesh!

I think that the extension approach is great. That way, you can let people decide WHAT they want in their browser rather not forcing features down their throat.

Agreed in full. :)

You just had to waste a couple of secs writing up that lame post of yours whereas the reviewer put some considerable amount of time & effort writing up his review.

Again you come along and accuse the reviewer of being an ass, this justifies that ; You are a Troll ! :angry:

Now quit crying, Firefox is going to take over the world as the No.1 browser in the next couple of years because it is FREE ! :p :ninja:

Saying Opera is not the fastest is a long way from calling it a bloated, buggy piece of crap. Grow up, ok? Geesh!

you apparently missed this exact sentence from the part i quoted: "it should deserve the bloatest browser on Earth instead"

You just had to waste a couple of secs writing up that lame post of yours whereas the reviewer put some considerable amount of time & effort writing up his review.
time and effort do not equal quality. he claimed to be unbiased, and i showed that this is far from the case.
Again you come along and accuse the reviewer of being an ass, this justifies that ; You are a Troll !  :angry:

troll because i correctly pointed out that the review is far from unbiased? the review is NOT unbiased, so the reviewer shouldn't claim that it is. the fact that he wrote the review like that shows that it is the review itself which is trolling.

Now quit crying, Firefox is going to take over the world as the No.1 browser in the next couple of years because it is FREE !  :p  :ninja:

so you are saying that quality doesn't - as long as it's free?

since you are saying that firefox will take over because it's free, i mean. that shows me that you only care about something being free, instead of the quality.

very good review. i switched from internet explorer to firebird/~fox ages ago simply because it works/loads faster in combination with my slow dialup :)

time and effort do not equal quality. he claimed to be unbiased, and i showed that this is far from the case.

Time and effort may not equal quality but it shows his hardwork. Its easy to come up and trash somebody else's hardwork like you did.

troll because i correctly pointed out that the review is far from unbiased? the review is NOT unbiased, so the reviewer shouldn't claim that it is. the fact that he wrote the review like that shows that it is the review itself which is trolling.

You are a Troll because you behaved exactly like one not because you pointed out the review was biased. We knew that already. Every review is biased, didnt you know that ? The reviewer was only trying to judge in all fairness, that he didnt make up his mind before he tested all of them.

so you are saying that quality doesn't - as long as it's free?

since you are saying that firefox will take over because it's free, i mean. that shows me that you only care about something being free, instead of the quality.

I've always loved Mozilla and I consider its quality way better than other browsers. Since Firefox is a stripped down version, I think of it as the same. Moreover Firefox consumes less system resources than Opera. Finally the fact that it is free meaning it will gain more popularity than any other paid browsers.

You are a Troll because you behaved exactly like one not because you pointed out the review was biased. We knew that already. Every review is biased, didnt you know that ? The reviewer was only trying to judge in all fairness, that he didnt make up his mind before he tested all of them.

I've always loved Mozilla and I consider its quality way better than other browsers. Since Firefox is a stripped down version, I think of it as the same. Moreover Firefox consumes less system resources than Opera. Finally the fact that it is free meaning it will gain more popularity than any other paid browsers.

Time and effort may not equal quality but it shows his hardwork.
what difference does it make if he worked long and hard, if the result is crap? should he be praised for making a great review when it isn't even mediocrre due to the factual errors, exaggerations, and biased comments?

i am reviewing his review based on his own claims, and his claim to be objective/unbiased falls apart, therefore the review falls apart. you cannot trust anything he says.

Its easy to come up and trash somebody else's hardwork like you did.

i am trashing it because he explicitly claims not to be biased:

'Before you go saying that I am bias, I am in fact not.'

you think i am a troll because i disagree with you. that doesn't make me a troll, but it makes me a pain in the butt to people who can't handle differing opinions.

and again, the reviewer claimed to be unbiased. don't try to twist the facts to suit you.

i don't care what your THINK. it is your opinion, but it is just an opinion, not fact.

and opera uses system resources more efficiently than both seamonkey and firebird. remember, presto works on embedded devices, unlike gecko. they are trying to slim down gecko with minimo, but having a hard time reaching the same level of performance on low memory systems as opera.

Again you come along and accuse the reviewer of being an ass, this justifies that ; You are a Troll !  :angry:

Now quit crying, Firefox is going to take over the world as the No.1 browser in the next couple of years because it is FREE !  :p  :ninja:

Firefox will never take over the world as corporate users and most home users will not go to the bother of changing from IE to another browser just to browse web sites the same.

You must understand many are more interested in the sites they browse than the browser that enables this.

Edited by Jason

... as corporate users and most home users will not go to the bother of changing from IE to anthoer browser ...

that's unjustified.

just looking thru web-logs I've another vision ... year ago it was 90% IE and the rest Opera/Mozilla.

Now it stands 70% IE and 12% Mozilla/Firefox+12% Opera.

The dynamics told what browsers most likely to do well in future, especially seen how good Firefox is shaping now.

btw, the site in question is pure software related.

that's unjustified.

just looking thru web-logs I've another vision ... year ago it was 90% IE and the rest Opera/Mozilla.

Now it stands 70% IE and 12% Mozilla/Firefox+12% Opera.

The dynamics told what browsers most likely to do well in future, especially seen how good Firefox is shaping now.

btw, the site in question is pure software related.

Thats all made up IE has 94.8% of the market and I will find the link to the facts.

The most popular browsers on the web are as of Janurary 2004

1. Microsoft IE 6.0 68.1%

2. Microsoft IE 5.5 13.8%

3. Microsoft IE 5.0 11.8%

4. Mozilla 1.8%

5. Opera 7.0 0.8%

6. Microsoft IE 4.0 0.7%

7. Safari 0.48%

http://www.onestat.com/html/aboutus_pressbox26.html

Edited by Jason

what difference does it make if he worked long and hard, if the result is crap? should he be praised for making a great review when it isn't even mediocrre due to the factual errors, exaggerations, and biased comments?

Crap according to who ? Lets review this whole thread and see how many people said "good work" than "You are a frickin liar".

i am reviewing his review based on his own claims, and his claim to be objective/unbiased falls apart, therefore the review falls apart. you cannot trust anything he says.

Like I said before, the reviewer was trying to say that he didnt make up his mind before he did all those tests. Everybody is biased, I think you forgot that yourself. And if you point out one error doesnt mean the whole review is false. It is not Boolean AND gates that you are working with. The reviewer is just human and errors are part of everything humans are involved with. Maybe you are new to all this.

you think i am a troll because i disagree with you. that doesn't make me a troll, but it makes me a pain in the butt to people who can't handle differing opinions.

I dont think you are troll because you dont agree with me but because of your comments like these

"sorry, but firefox is too buggy, bloated and slow and doesn't have any cool features (you need to download unusable extensions), and it isn't a professional, commercial product, but a kid's hobby. so it can't quite measure up to the real professional browsers."

Looks like YOU are the person who cant handle differing opinions. Just look back at how many people disagreed with you and obviously you got irritated leading to a statement like this: :huh:

"if you are going to be an ass and start off biased against something, stating nonsense like that, don't pretend to be unbiased!"

i don't care what your THINK. it is your opinion, but it is just an opinion, not fact.

Then why do you have a problem with the reviewer ? Its his opinion, not fact. So let it go and stop whining.

and opera uses system resources more efficiently than both seamonkey and firebird. remember, presto works on embedded devices, unlike gecko. they are trying to slim down gecko with minimo, but having a hard time reaching the same level of performance on low memory systems as opera.

Then again its your opinion, not a fact. I dont care what you think. Stop accusing and putting down others if you dont agree with them.

Well, the 60 or so machines I look after have all been switched to Firefox just for the security concerns. One less thing to worry about and YOU can control which extensions it works with.

People that say Opera is bloated are just ****ing idiots... firebird has a larger download size and it doesn't even support all the features Opera does, like mouse gestures.

Don't believe me? Look here for yourself...

http://www.opera.com/download/ 3.4 MB

http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html 6.2 MB

Now those two are only for windows, feel free to look around at the other size comparisons.

OH LOOK FIREBIRD DOESN'T EVEN SUPPORT AS MANY OS'S AS OPERA DOES OMFG

Browser wars are ****ing dumb, along with all the other type of fanboism. Do you really gain anything from sounding like an idiot and trying to support the browser you use? Now STFU.

People that say Opera is bloated are just ****ing idiots... firebird has a larger download size and it doesn't even support all the features Opera does, like mouse gestures.

I think they mean bloated in the sense that it hogs more resources, not on the size of its download. Plus, Opera does eat up bandwidth which eventually doesnt make it the fastest browser on earth.

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. Use what you like.