this is microsoft's idea of system restore?

that not so bad

when my video card died about 2 weeks ago

i was stuck in 640x480 in 256 color view.

it think

it was horrible

Originally posted by nekrosoft13

that not so bad

when my video card died about 2 weeks ago

i was stuck in 640x480 in 256 color view.

it think

it was horrible

i think i would just about kill myself

Whoa, how did you get it to 4bit mode? And I see that it's a Geforce 2 Ultra. Did you remove some crucial files or what did you do? The lowest setting on my Geforce 2 Pro is 16bit and even when I remove my dets, I can still get True Color because WinXP uses its own default drivers.

Or unless it's not software... hardware failure perhaps?

I didn't do anything, all I did is told windows to restore back to an earlier point and that's what happened

LMAO :knocked: , thats hillarious. Sorry, dont mean to be offensive, but you got to admit ... thats pretty ****ered up. Does it actually stay like that or can you just fiddle with drivers and it goes away?

System Restore was the second thing to go when I installed XP [messenger was first]. I prefer a smooth no frills ride. ;)

happened to me as well. this was after a hibernation which f***ed up the whole thing. (IDE devices got impacted as well).

Just redownload the drivers for your graphics card and bingo, its ok.

BTW: Mine was a creative geforce II MX

LOL!!! That's priceless! Think you could knock it to monochrome? :p :evil: :p :evil: :p

I love how the Windows GUI changed slightly under the lower res settings. Completely oval start button, accent in the window title bar, etc...

The grass field looks like something out of a old DOS golfing game I got in the mail once :cross:. Ahh, good times...

Hello . The subject matter you have just encountered is not windows system restore's fault . The fact is that because of some tweaks you might have done in the windows registry the path for the video card adapter might have been lost , so when windows started restoring by rebuilding its system registry the information was misinterpretated . I suggest you either go in Safe Mode and restore your computer to an earlier point or go in the start-up console using F8 and select Last Known Good Configuration . I also want to tell you that it is recommended , in such matters , to uninstall the video card adapter drivers and after restoring the os to install a validated WQHL video driver ; for that you should go and check the corporate page download for nVIDIA video cards at microsoft's windows update catalog for hardware . Do not use BETAS ... although u might like the nVIEW feature or some other new improvements try to be cautious when using uncertified drivers or at least turn off the Device Driver Signing feature . Have a nice day and good-luck .

That's a great theme? where do I get that desktop background image? I love the colours.........

where do I get all those icons......?? is it April[1] desktop time already :D :D