Political discussion not allowed?

A Sad Day for America? Where did it go. I was posting a replie an whamo.

Q: Who was the first country to use a nuclear bomb thus killing in the end 140,000 people almost all civillians?

A: The United States Of America. Total for both cities is over 250,000.

Now has to war tatics what is allowed and not allowed? I suggest all read the Art Of War. But in waging war you are to use any and all reasources at your disposal to destroy their military ability, reasources, infrastructer, and MORALE. After all how would you advise a poor country or group to wage war against the U.S. if they have maybe enough money to buy 1 advanced military jet and maybe train a pilot to fight an air battle against a squad or to use the same dollars to train thousands of covert operatives to destroy our morale in the hopes like in somalia we will choose not to loose any more lives and leave them alone? Right now we have some lets say 100,000 nukes and can anyone say they believe they would only be used against military targets? MAD is basicly a threat of you kill our people(civillians) we will kill the same if not more.

Who are the rule makers and who follows the rules? Anyone can say they are evil or wrong for doing what they did but then again any one can say the only way to fight a war is with billion dollar jets and had weapons that cost thousands of dollars and with hundreds of thousands of soldiers on a battle field but what does that leave poor countries with no money or next to none and a total populous of 50,000? What's the quote again, "All's fair in love and war". In the revolutionary war the British complained because we sometimes used indian tactics(guerilla) in fighting instead of lining up on a field in two or three rows. Then we forgot. Then we complained when the Vietcong fought by hiding and going under ground. And attack and retreat tactics. It was one of the hardest lessons we had to learn. I too cried for the deaths but I did not disreguard the enemy by calling them cowards, evil, or saying they do not do things the way we would. It's like the Geneva Convention and all the flack we are getting for camp zero. The nay sayers are saying if we do not give them full GC protection that what would happen to our soldiers. The answer is simple Blackhawk Down. 2 soldiers dying and a third wounded where captured. 2 died and was dismembred and defaced and dragged through the streets, While the other was being torchured. All are violations of the GC but the Somalian rebels are not members of the GC nor is the Taliban or Al-Queda. So in the treatment of Al-Queda/Taliban captures we have no need to give them what they would never give us. Has a simple not part of the GC requres the combatants where rank insignia and uniforms. Special forces in Afganistan do not where either during operations of units. Our guys are whereing local garb and use taning lotions to darken the skin and never wear or use rank in addressing each other. That way if anyone is observing they would not realize americans where in the band of locals. It is all in perspective in direct relation to your position of observation. I can go on forever so I will stop here.

Seemed a special little mod didnt like where the thread was going... i.e. people requesting his mod status be removed. If I were him, Id delete it too to hide the evidence.... It was a good argument, Ill give it that!

Originally posted by MilesLong

Seemed a special little mod didnt like where the thread was going... i.e. people requesting his mod status be removed. If I were him, Id delete it too to hide the evidence.... It was a good argument, Ill give it that!

Who are the rule makers and who follows the rules?

The stupid overzealous moderator deleting it because he is a lame pile of crap that can't respect a viewpoint that differs from his own.

yeah, that'd be the one he was refering to :D

Wow you people need to grow up so much I do not even know if that is possible. Nice try at dissing the greatest country on God's green Earth. You think the U.S. is so bad go to China for year and let me know when - or if - you get back. It is time for all you Libs to put your money where your mouth is and actually practice what you preach.

Originally posted by 3nd3r

the thread was moved. It was moved due to what was happening on it. Please continue on here :D

here as in where? if you meant to link something, it did not work...

Originally posted by AGW83

Wow you people need to grow up so much I do not even know if that is possible. Nice try at dissing the greatest country on God's green Earth. You think the U.S. is so bad go to China for year and let me know when - or if - you get back. It is time for all you Libs to put your money where your mouth is and actually practice what you preach.

Did you read any of the posts??? Please tell me you are a civie and not military because that would just be an insult to any branch you served in. Either that or please let us know you never got to high school.

Originally posted by AGW83

China is what? The greatest what on what? You know dissing China like that doesn't illustrate your point but it does make you seem like a hypocrite. Just my 2.5 cents.

Originally posted by Redmak

Sad ofcourse but that's one of the risks being a navy seal. Loads of people die every day.

I may sound a bit harsh but I worked harder than usual :p all day and I'm tired

I bet you didn't work as hard as those SEALS. They and others like them are fighting for YOUR freedom. Do you remember September 11?

What's with the brainless slacker mentality here? Flames by members, flames by mods. Egos and attitudes. Men died fighting for freedom, fighting for democracy and they get disrespected?

"Uh, people die all the time, lol :D " Sounds like Beavis and Butthead.

then they will suffer losses when they inforce their views of 'law' on 'criminals'.

You don't consider Bin Laden, El Queda and the Taliban criminals? I guess that would put you in the minority. The families of 3000+ victims might disagree.

DITTOS TO AGW83... RIGHT ON!

didn't mean to start world war III on that last thread. my best friend is kin to the soldier who was executed and i was offended (my fault) by toxxik's blase' response.

everyone is entitled to their opinions.....it just seems some are alot more negative than others.

a super secret area ;)

You know, no matter that the thread was removed, 3nd3r is acting more like a responsible mod now. Kudos to you :). Sometimes everyone can get too emotional in voicing their opinions. I also think a lot of people owe toxikk an apology. Really.

Originally posted by h71y6

I also think a lot of people owe toxikk an apology. Really.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bassman

didn't mean to start world war III on that last thread. my best friend is kin to the soldier who was educated and i was offended (my fault) by toxxik's blase' response.

everyone is entitled to their opinions.....it just seems some are alot more negative than others.

apology accepted. now can we be tite on here and voice our damn opinions?

You know, no matter that the thread was removed, 3nd3r is acting more like a responsible mod now. Kudos to you :). Sometimes everyone can get too emotional in voicing their opinions. I also think a lot of people owe toxikk an apology. Really.

I dont have a prob with him i was just saying that his remarks dont have to be hateful :D ;) :p

I dont have a prob with him i was just saying that his remarks dont have to be hateful :D ;) :p

You said alot more than that...

Lol, miles, methinks you should remove your sig.

And give him a break.:)

When apology is posted, it will be removed...

Originally posted by Toxikk

dude, you are only a newsposter? how do newsposters get mod access?

I was a regular mod then i went to a super mod and now i am a super mod / newsposter :)