Political discussion not allowed?

Originally posted by Mozart

Uh, people die all the time, lol :D " Sounds like Beavis and Butthead.

Heh, the avatar of one of these people is a mock of what Beavis&Butthead do. Imagine that. LoL

After what happened on Sept. 11th I now realize how much other countries hate and envy us. I fully support what the US has to do to serve justice on the perpatrators of the Sept. 11th attack. They didn't show any mercy on us so why should we show them any mercy? At least our country doesn't resort to cowardly measures to take thier people out.

Criminal is a relative concept. My start of this thread which was intended has a reply to the previous states it plainly enough. Simply the U.S. killed 150,000 in two shots and with poisoning and so on in the end it was in excess of 250,000. But since it was a military bomber and a goverment action the U.S. is not criminal? Again if your only ability to wage war is to load men on fully fueld airplanes and crash them into buildings then do you not wage war? We are taking the right actions in responce to the attack on the WTC. Would it have made any diffrence if they bought a bomber and two bombs and flew in low to the water climbing just in time to drop the bombs on the WTC? What if they declared war first? Oh I am sorry this war has been going on since the seventies! No one had the balls to fight it. Up till now it has been ###### for tat via the use of cruise missles. But now we are at war and in war there will be deaths all around.

hateful text removed by admin, I am guessing his PM was not read yet.

EDIT: Awww he went and cried to daddy!!! Typical child. Back to my other thread which was locked. This board is lame. I dont care to come back where threads are locked and deleted. 3nd3r was as much a culprit in that deleted thread as everyone else was... I wont be back where "children" have the ability to do what they want and valid opinions are frowned upon because one doesnt agree...

Originally posted by Zombie9920

Heh, the avatar of one of these people is a mock of what Beavis&Butthead do. Imagine that. LoL

After what happened on Sept. 11th I now realize how much other countries hate and envy us. I fully support what the US has to do to serve justice on the perpatrators of the Sept. 11th attack. They didn't show any mercy on us so why should we show them any mercy? At least our country doesn't resort to cowardly measures to take thier people out.

hmm, where's my mute button? heh

Originally posted by Toxikk

howcome longs' sig was removed. all he wanted was an aplology. whoever removed it to cheap for an apology?

I don't think that sig was warranted dude. No matter the issue. You know what i mean.

Originally posted by h71y6

hmm, where's my mute button? heh

Go ahead and ignore me(does this board have an ignore feature?). All you like to do is flame people, so I don't think you are capable of a discussion. Instead of following other people like a sheep you should get a mind of your own and post what you think instead of stuff like....*I totally agree with so and so*.

There should be an age restrictment to this board because it is obvious that we have alot of youngsters in here. The way you guys are talking to 3nd3r..I think he has the right to ban all of you(If I was a mod I know I would ban people for talking trash to me).

Go ahead and ignore me(does this board have an ignore feature?). All you like to do is flame people, so I don't think you are capable of a discussion. Instead of following other people like a sheep you should get a mind of your own and post what you think instead of stuff like....*I totally agree with so and so*.

There should be an age restrictment to this board because it is obvious that we have alot of youngsters in here. The way you guys are talking to 3nd3r..I think he has the right to ban all of you(If I was a mod I know I would ban people for talking trash to me).

Maybe if you looked at my posts in Neowin, you wouldn't come to that unfortunate conclusion. First you flame people, then you flame people for flaming you. And now you want to ban people that you flamed who you accuse of flaming you. I get iT!

Maybe if you looked at my posts in Neowin, you wouldn't come to that unfortunate conclusion. First you flame people, then you flame people for flaming you. And now you want to ban people that you flamed who you accuse of flaming you. I get iT!

Who am I flaming? I made a comment on that stupid remark made by Toxikk earlier(something about take one of our men, we have taken hundreds of yours). Other than that, I have been posting my opinion on the war. I'm not going around calling people names and *****unlike some people in this thread*.

Show me my flames. :rolleyes:

And yes I think you people should be banned. You don't go around and talk **** to everybody(especially not the moderators). That kind of stuff is against forum rules you know.

Originally posted by Neobond

what has this got to do with the original post question please?

Please stay on topic at least?

I posted something related to this topic and it was replied to with *where is the mute button*. Anyways, I'm going to ignore the immaturity in this debate and I'll respond to people who actually have something reasonable to say.

Americans should feel happy they have the ability to voice their political opinions. In most of the countries they have fought in freedom of speech is not possible let alone a world wide web connection.

I think its easy for people to say they are the best when they havent had to suffer the worst of what someone else inflicts on them.

As an admin, we do NOT oppress your political views on this board, but we do moderate immature behavior that civilised people would find offensive.

Other moderations is blatent talk to the moderators of this forum, that can be done via PM or complaint to the admin of Neowin.

Public flaming is ugly and I have asked moderators to delete and moderate it. There so now you know

Who am I flaming? I made a comment on that stupid remark made by Toxikk earlier(something about take one of our men, we have taken hundreds of yours). Other than that, I have been posting my opinion on the war. I'm not going around calling people names and *****unlike some people in this thread*.

Show me my flames. :rolleyes:

And yes I think you people should be banned. You don't go around and talk **** to everybody(especially not the moderators). That kind of stuff is against forum rules you know.

SHow you the flames? ok i will.

---------------------------------------------

Blah, **** you too man. I was being a decent person and I was actually going to help your pathetic ass. I have better things to do than hang around in Yahoo Chat anyways. Ohh well.

*BTW*, I still saw your woman nude on her webcam man, and her ###### isn't anything great(not to mention she has some pretty small ######). ;P ...............

----------------------

.......... I don't know why I bothered bringing up my PM history for that twirp. LmFaO.

(Me thinks that he dates women off of the net). BTW, I need to get off of here and eat cause I have to go pick my G/F up from work in about half an hour. Have a nice day l0ser. ;P

--------------------------

Fact - irdawood types like an uneducated fool. I have a feeling that you are a kid because you don't spell properly and you don't seem to be familiar with proper sentences.

-------------------------

What kind of sick mother fu-qer are you? If you don't have anything positive to say then keep your mouth shut d00d.

Unlike you I can get a woman because I'm not a big ol fatass like you. You probably live 24/7 on the internet.

Since you aren't bright enough to figure out what that statement meant, I'll break it down for your simple little mind. That means my computer loves me because I know how to use it properly unlike you retards who go out and buy HP/Dell/Compaq/Gateway systems(like the woman in the joke article).

Retards.

This isn't meant to be a blow. It is only a fact.

-----------------------------

I rest my case.

SHow you the flames? ok i will.

---------------------------------------------

Blah, **** you too man. I was being a decent person and I was actually going to help your pathetic ass. I have better things to do than hang around in Yahoo Chat anyways. Ohh well.

*BTW*, I still saw your woman nude on her webcam man, and her ###### isn't anything great(not to mention she has some pretty small ######). ;P ...............

----------------------

.......... I don't know why I bothered bringing up my PM history for that twirp. LmFaO.

(Me thinks that he dates women off of the net). BTW, I need to get off of here and eat cause I have to go pick my G/F up from work in about half an hour. Have a nice day l0ser. ;P

--------------------------

Fact - irdawood types like an uneducated fool. I have a feeling that you are a kid because you don't spell properly and you don't seem to be familiar with proper sentences.

-------------------------

What kind of sick mother fu-qer are you? If you don't have anything positive to say then keep your mouth shut d00d.

Unlike you I can get a woman because I'm not a big ol fatass like you. You probably live 24/7 on the internet.

Since you aren't bright enough to figure out what that statement meant, I'll break it down for your simple little mind. That means my computer loves me because I know how to use it properly unlike you retards who go out and buy HP/Dell/Compaq/Gateway systems(like the woman in the joke article).

Retards.

This isn't meant to be a blow. It is only a fact.

-----------------------------

I rest my case.

Oh yes, those are old posts that were replies to a guy who was giving me a hard time...and that was a while back. When I say show me my flames, I meant flames towards you, Toxikk or the other dude. I admit that I made a hateful reply to the stupid take one of our men comment, but other than that I have been posting a few of my views and I've been arguing with you being immature. LmFaO. retard.gif

Originally posted by MilesLong

<>

Don't post that image again.

/edit>

Ha, you criticize arguing on the net even though you were doing the exact same thing not very long ago? Does arguing with 3nd3r and a few others ring a bell. So I guess you are calling yourself retarded as well? Think before you post man.

Originally posted by MilesLong

hateful text removed by admin, I am guessing his PM was not read yet.

EDIT: Awww he went and cried to daddy!!! Typical child. Back to my other thread which was locked. This board is lame. I dont care to come back where threads are locked and deleted. 3nd3r was as much a culprit in that deleted thread as everyone else was... I wont be back where "children" have the ability to do what they want and valid opinions are frowned upon because one doesnt agree...

yeah, there's nothing like a bad mod on a power-trip... don't get me wrong...i love neowin...it's just a certain few mods enjoy their power a little too much....

Damnit !!! I miss all the good threads.

I love heated controversial discussion. One of the few things western culture got right was the idea of dialog. Amazing and powerful concept. I love it and engage it whenever I can. Dissent is the other great concept, albiet not until more recently. A system of checks and balances only works if everyone does their part ... which, as a US citizen, means my part is to question and call bull**** on EVERYTHING my government does. If I agree, cool, if I dont, I must speak it [and rally, and protest, and VOTE, etc...].

Did you know that of the '1st world' countries, the US is not the most free?

Anyway, before you all got personal [a no-no in debate], what was the topic?? I want in, you *******s !! :p

Originally posted by mtgriffith

So do I. We used to talk about computers here. Now we flame each other and each other's country.

I remember the old days. :cheeky:

Please fellas, I accept your right to free speech (within the rules). But, you all have to remember that this board is very multicultural and there is higher chance of disagreements and arguements on issues such as politics and religion.

I have no great desire to discuss these topics, you guys obviously have opinions on these issues and I'm sure you are pretty set in your ways. Nothing you read in the forum is likely to change your mind. If this was a US or an Australian board for example, then it would be much easier for us to discuss things such as politics because all members would be living under the same leader/party.

Computers, sports and such ("light-hearted" topics if you like) are universal, where as religion and politics vary greatly around the world and from what I've seen spark more arguments.

It would seem to me that since politics and religion are the principal reasons why everyone seems to be killing everyone else right now, that those are the things we should be talking about.

JMO

Be that as it may, the Internet is the great equalizer. The anonymity of the posts means that free speech or lack thereof shouldn't matter. The best thing that we can do is listen. Even if we must choose to agree to disagree, at least if we hear the words of those who post we might develop some semblance of understanding . . . isn't that what all wars are? A lack of understanding?

Could be wrong, but I would suspect that Hitler (for example) felt that what he was doing was in the best interest of his cause . . . his people. It could be said that he was a meglomaniac and simply wanted power . . . but what is power other than control? And what is control other than making decisions for others? Don't people make those decisions for others because they feel they know better, and can improve things? It is simply a matter of degree I would say . . . the difference between effective leadership and fanatacism can be a very thin line.

People don't have to agree for threads on politics and religion to be productive. What is important is that they stick to the subject with an appropriate amount of reason and accountability . . .

JMHO

-TR