All time favorite game....

What is your all time favorite game? I'm not just talking about computer game....it could be a console game...board game....a game you made up....I don't care....just tell me..that's your favorite?

Wizzball on my Amiga, hehe, great game. My mum uesd to play that a lot too.

Well, that's not actually my favourite. Flashback was a brilliant game, definitely one of my favourite Amiga games.

Half-Life was superb the first time round, doubt it could be quite as good again, still the game that all single player FPS games are compared too.

hmm.......well, I would have to say it would be Clive Barker's Undying. Best graphics for its time and best sound.....great story from start to end. It has a great 2 handed combat system too. And it has to do with unholy stuff which ain't real and out of Clive Barker's twisted mind. What more could you ask for?

Subspace. It was an awesome, highly addictive massively-multiplayer game back in 1997. It didn't get a lot of press about it, so it wasn't flooded with idiots. Made by Virgin Interactive...

OMG people... CS has to be the greatest game i have ever experience... and the truth is, is that it is not actually a new game. I have never played game 1/10 as much as ive played CS, much less get that much entertainment from them

Well,

It would have to be 3 of the Half-Life mods:

Counterstike

Day of Defeat

Fireamrs

I have spent countless hours on these games on my DSL connection and at lan parties. My favorite thing is the world is just to sit in a big comfy chair, 440z. Dr. Pepper at my side, DSL connection blazing, and playing the fun, teamworked based, FPS CS, DOD, Firearms all friday night long.....

By: Radiation

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. There are some games that I really like, where if I beat them countless times, they are still fun for me, and I still enjoy playing them. Then there are other games, which are longer to beat, and can't be beaten all that easily, and I love them too.

For now, Super Mario World for SNES (and now GBA) fits the first description.

Halo for XBox fits the second description.

I love most of the old Sierra SGI games in particulart Leisure Suit Larry. that has to be my favorite game of all time. Though Police Quest could give it a run for its money anytime as well.

Sigh...with all the great graphics and sound its too bad not many games out there now a days can bring back the same feeling of the old games. It shows their lasting power when people are still playing old games on their Pentiums and Athlons. Why can't they bring back more games with stories and better plots. Is it that hard a concept? If you haven't played the older Sierra games role playing games you're missing out. Play them. Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry and Space Quest among others.

Say wasnt Impossible Mission on the C64 the game that starts with the voice saying "Stay awhile .....stay forever!" or something like that. I loved that game.

My favorite game of all time is COUNTDOWN.

When I was 12 my grandfather told me about the game, we lived in different states, but died about a month later:ponder:.

A couple of months later while visiting my grandmother I found the game and started playing it. In the game the character is someone who has been framed after he witnessed a murder and placed in a Turkish mental hospital by the CIA to cover it up. You experience flashbacks at certain points as to what happened. The game basically involves trying to escape from the mental hospital and uncover the plot behind the murder. I made it out of the mental hospital and was about to get into a car outside when I got an error and the game locked up. I tried everything I could think of at the time. I tried replaying the game even at one point.

Not yet in the warez scene, although evidently gramps was as this game was not on the original floppies, I couldn't find a working copy of the game.

Flash forward about 9 years later and I found the game on an abandonware site. I was so excited, the graphics aren't up to today's standards, but pretty good for having originally being able to run on a 286. I was overjoyed at the prospect of finally finishing the game, talk about long running suspense.

The damn game locked up at the same f****** spot. I disabled the sound card and all was well, who knew. Finished the game about 10 hours of straight play later.

Anyone looking for a great game try this out, you won't be sorry if you look past the graphics. You'll need 720k of free hard drive space to install this game, it's huge.