Quebec - Part of Canada or seperate country ?

Part of Canada!!! i was born in Montreal, and love quebec to death, even tho im an anglo. Montreal will always be Canad's best city. and for all its complaining and bitching, quebec does provide a lot of "wealth" (be it financial, social, cultural, historic, etc)

on my other hand, sometime i want to nice the dam sepratist's. not for wanting to protect their heritage, but for trying to split one of the best countries in the world apart.

anywho, no longer a worry, the pq's are at an all time low. their support tends to go in cycles, ever 10-15 years it really gains strength.

Originally posted by neo1980

what does someone from Quebec think

I think the attitudes of French Quebecers will never change, only because it's easier to believe the rhetoric of the sovereigntists than realize that you're an idiot. 25 years later and these idiots still don't reliaze that their dream is impossible.

I think that I live in Canada, though.

To me it does not matter, if they seperate its total seperation buy if stay together follow the same laws, kill bill 101, make it illegal.

Greenmuncher

PS western annilation is more important

i'm from BC

Only been to Canada once years ago, and a truly beautiful country. Wish I had the money and the papers to live there! But outside of Canada, no one actually knows or cares about what goes on there. I find that strange - but then Canada and canadians are totally overshadowed by their neighbour, the US.

During this last referendum I was all for a united Canada. My country includes Quebec. We're all in this together. Multi-cultural Canada. All I heard from the French was hateful rhetoric.

Strange, most of our Prime Ministers have been French-Canadian lately. Canada is bi-lingual (except for Quebec) and most francophones still want out of Canada.

That's a shame.

i was bornin montreal and i think quebec is the best province this country's got. i also think montreal is the best city in the country. PART OF CANADA DAMMIT!

I was born in Montreal and have a French Canadian and Anglophone heritage. I no longer live in Montreal (sigh!), but I'm moving back as soon as I'm done school - I too love the city to death its the best.

All my relatives in Quebec are French Canadian and some live in Montreal and others further North. They are collectively very much against separatism. I can't speak for the sentiment of the rest of the province but I think most French Canadians are against the idea as well. Most of those a******* of from the PQ have quit politics which leaves the party in disarry and has made them lose their voting power.

Unfortunately there are still idiots who are very much tied to the cause. I think if there is still a core of separatists who want to separate, fine. Give them a small piece of land waaaayyyyy up in Northern Quebec and call it their "new country". And no they cannot have Canada's economic resources -they're on their own.

Its a shame though. I wouldn't want it that way. There's still alot about French Canadian culture that Americans and English Canadians don't understand. There's also many French Canadians who don't understand anything about English Canadian culture.

Vive le Quebec!

Originally posted by Greenmuncher

PS western annilation is more important

i'm from BC

I'm from BC too ... born and raised and Western alienation is nothing more than an excuse cooked up by provincial politicians to blame Ottawa for their own inefficiencies and inabilities. When we routinely elect morons to lead us like Bill VanderZalm, Glen Clark and Gordon Campbell ... what the hell do we expect? Respect from the rest of Canada? Sheeeesh!

Reality Check: more people live in Ontario and Quebec, therefore more economic and political power resides there. Think it's any different anywhere else? Think there are less Congressmen from Illinois, New York, or California than there are from Rhode Island, Vermont, or Alaska? Think London has less MP's than Coventry?

As for the original question? My Canada includes Quebec! Thankfully, the separaist movement is dying (popularity at its lowest in decades and the deomgraphic deck stacked against it).

Au revoir!