The "Get it off your chest" Thread

k.. man I am well ****ed off and I am gonna tell you why.

My cable company Chello (or UPC) are dumber than dumb. I have had cable with them since December and my email account is STILL not activated and the connection keeps dropping (modem resets) these past 2 weeks. After waiting 40 minutes (on a ?0.10 cpm tel nr) and being "transferred" 2x they still manage to blame the problem on me when I know that it is not my fault.

Their helpdesk is a farce, their knowledge is to be laughed at and the service they offer.. well they don't.

What makes matters worse is the same company (and helpdesk) also deliver my digital TV connection. Since we have been "hooked up" we have never got the free films we were supposed to get and after waiting 3x as long as 45mins on the toll nr I gave up waiting..

Whats even funnier or maybe just plain sad is that I pay good money for both Internet and Digi TV and dont get listened to when I have a problem.

Compare that to the general bitching some people do here (to staff, mods and our host) for a free service and well its damn sad thats all. At least we tr;);)

I agree.

Lost my connection 3 times during Quake last night.

They installed my digi tv decoder about a week ago but my account wasn't ready so the guy was about to leave with the decoder, so I said leave the decoder and come back later to activate it. Now they come and activate it next thursday :) (that was fast imho)

Their helpdesk is a farce

Yes it is.

My dad has digi tv (working movie channels and all) but it took'm almost 3 months to get it right and email still fails.

digital TV just means you have to have a set top box which connects to your TV (like a 2nd video recorder) It allows you to order films and stuff and is called digital TV because later you can also interact with some of the TV programs using a keypad connected to it.

actually, the digital cable they offer here allows hook up via box to a normal tv or via a digital tv set. Digital cable offers these benifits: It allows to go past the standard 125 channel barrier present on most tvs, it allows extra information, such as a programing guide to be sent with the signal, it allows for more then one angle view on the same channel. It allows the same channel to be broadcasted in wide scren or standard "square" screen. Plus alot more that I can't think of now....

hey Neobond. i'm in the exact same situation as you. i'm also a victim of Chello. the past 5 months i've had fluctuating packet loss in UT every goddamn day. the main reason i got cable was to play online game, but this has effectively become useless now.

i called them, mailed them, i even went so far as to send screenshots of VisualRoute and telling them which hops caused this massive lag and packet loss. i'm still waiting for their acknowledgement.

but Chello doesn't give a damn about their users. i'm seriously considering ADSL. at least i'll be rid of the packet loss. frankly, Chello can kiss my ass. bunch of ignorant piece of sh!t motherf*ckers.

well, i feel better now. :)

crookram: Sorry to hear that bud.. but I "escaped" from ADSL because the KPN (the biggest bunch of ******s in Holland) increased the Fast ADSL (if you can call 1024/256kbit fast) by 43%

Yes 43% price increase. WHO do they think they are?

Lol NeoBond

sounds like the situation over where u are is nearly as bad as the UK

I am currently on one of the ****tyest services...BT Openworld

Its 512 down and 256 up

I asked them the other week to move my ADSL point into another room and they said it would cost me ?100 or more! Robbing *******s all of them!

Originally posted by Neobond

Yes 43% price increase. WHO do they think they are?

:s

that sucks indeed. well i wonder what's left then...if i'm going to spend a lot of cash i might as well get a private T3 line. ;)

Reminds me of Telus all over again.

- the waiting list (we were told) was over a year long to wait

- the only reason we got adsl in 6 months was cuz I know the guy

- whenever one of my phones hangs up the internet shuts off for a bit

- they?re "tier 1" support screwed my computer to the point I couldn?t log in (set up a domain)

- i hate them

on digital cable, one of the benefits that ours has is that it offers something like 50 music channels, all different genres of music. not music channels like mtv with videos, but channels that are like radio, without the dj's, meaning they just play music. this is a real nice added benefit if you have a home theatre system cause they are cd quality audio and interactive. so if i don't know who the artist thats playing is, i go to my remote, hit "info" and it tells me the artist, album that it came off of, year, etc.

this is one of my favorite features of our cable service. neighbors might not like it though :D

for those with dsl. some years ago when i first got dsl, i got it through the local phone company (pacbell, now verizon) and i allowed them to be my ISP. i had nothing but problems with them. after doing a little studying, i found that i could have another isp be my provider so i looked around and found a small good local isp and switched to them. it was a hassle because my bill was separated $29 to the telco and $19 to the ISP, but it was really nice for other things. such as if i had a service problem, i knew that i could always call the isp and would get a tech guy almost immediately (30 sec). so that might be an option for you to consider.

now i go with digital cable cause it's new to my area and i knew that it would be super fast for while until others started getting on, and since it's with my cable tv connection, it's cheaper and it gives me more cable channels than i had before.

but again, if you have dsl, find out if you have the option of making a small local isp your provider instead of the telco. they'd most likely charge you a fee to change cause they have to give you another ip address, etc, but in my case, it really helped my connection.

i say this to some many people : blueyonder!!!!

33? per month- never offline- 65k+ download speed, its got its own gaming servers - gaming.blueyonder.co.uk

and it rocks!!!!!!

uk peeps - message me for more details!

mr magoo im seriously thinking of Cable 1mb/sec connection i here lots of people say that speeds are crapy????

is this true??

anyways my contract for my adsl has not yet expired can i have cable and adsl on the same computer??

cheers

by the way im in Coventry

LOL coincedence? nah... :)

Originally posted by Toxikk

i hate people that diss other peoples stuff when they have no right to... they do it just to be cool.

you know who you are.

I was thinking of gettin the NTL service in the UK for ?49.99 the "Gold" Service, you get 1mbit down and 256k up, aint bad really. BUT its NTL so I am a little:ss about that. I get 65-70 atm and thats pretty good, i just think the price should b SO much cheaper, its gonna be ?29.99 but still thats damn expensive! Jeez:(:(

Originally posted by Toxikk

i hate people that diss other peoples stuff when they have no right to... they do it just to be cool.

you know who you are.

ahh!!! my internet just came back on this morning! its been out for 3+ days, at a horrible time, since ive needed to get on to study, they say some hacker hacked them, but i say their idiots for having it out for 3 days!

I hate to do it, but TimeWarner gets props...

They trench in new fiber optic cable outside my house 2 weeks after I move in.

2 weeks later, I'm online with Roadrunner. i had heard some good, some bad.

Well let me say, I DO get 1800kbps download / 600kbps upload.

I have zero downtime.

Service is a breeze, they support every OS install, and they actually know how to help.

And to top it off, I get digital cable on my 60" big screen for $5.00 extra a month. And it works.

The first time I set up my FTP server and had 10 people downloading from me at 45-50k AND I was downloading music/ video off of DC at 100-200k per connection, MY HEAD NEARLY EXPLODED!

WOW!