[Review] iRiver H120

Yeah well see the iRiver is unappealing to me. The joystick in the middle and the overall design. Its just too ... "blech". The colours are very well in the wrong places too. IMO. Oh and the Touch has 24 hour battery life.

Yeah well see the iRiver is unappealing to me. The joystick in the middle and the overall design. Its just too ... "blech". The colours are very well in the wrong places too. IMO. Oh and the Touch has 24 hour battery life.

24 hours on what format or quality song ?

First off, this alone kicks all mp3 player ass.

*Up to 97dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio*

Secondly, the 24 hour battery life is actually based on 24 hours battery life at 128kbps MP3 OR 32 hours at 48kbps MP3

i got my iHP120 20gb 2 weeks ago. and i love it..its simply superb..!!! i've used the 3rd gen ipods and teh new mini and 4th gen and i gotta say the iriver has the best sound quality by far..!!

the bass is superb on 192k mp3's. ive already filled it up and got 8gb remaining.. the battery doesnt seem to last as long as 16 hours to my calculations, more like 9-10 hours, may be thats cus i do use it as a hdd throughout the day too.. :/

the headphones that come with the iriver are simply amazing.. i coudlnt believe that these headphones were wasy better than the sony headphones (?26 from amazon) i ordered along with the iriver..!! they do look very "naff" but excellent quality:DD

main reason i went for this over the ipod was becuase of the feature to price ratio, superb WOW and SRS sound equalizers along with in built mic recording, superb for uni lectures.. definatly if u wanna get one of these stop hesitating and get one, you can thank me later:blink::

well mostly its gona be placed in your pocket, all your gonna be lookign at is the kik ass remote.. controls the unit fully from the remote..

well mostly its gona be placed in your pocket, all your gonna be lookign at is the kik ass remote.. controls the unit fully from the remote..

Good point but ive already thought about that. I dont really want to scroll through my hundreds of songs one by one. At least Creative's players have a search feature that works VERY well. All i have to do is press a button and tada, the song i want is there.

Good point but ive already thought about that. I dont really want to scroll through my hundreds of songs one by one. At least Creative's players have a search feature that works VERY well. All i have to do is press a button and tada, the song i want is there.

iRiver has a search system that works well too , congrats on your pruchase Elite_graphix :)

Another nice thing about the iHP-120's remote is that you can install it in your car, and complete control over the iHP-120, which can be stored out of sight in the glovebox, etc.

post-104-1091716541.jpg

Lol thats a nice way of putting it in ur car, requires some work tho...

So tell me, how does the search feature on iriver work? Ive never heard of it.

I have two questions about the iRiver H140. Just want to make sure it uses a ac adapter to repower the battery and not a docking station right? And my second question what software is the iRiver using to transfer music files?

I have two questions about the iRiver H140. Just want to make sure it uses a ac adapter to repower the battery and not a docking station right? And my second question what software is the iRiver using to transfer music files?

It uses ac poweer to charge up the iRiver :yes:. You dont really need any software as it just detects it as a hard drive and you simply put your files on via my computer etc., its very easy. It can do playlists very well and the ID tags are relatively good :)

Yeah I hear it supports winamp playlists and you can drag and drop songs to the player like a drive, but it does come with some software if you want.

But no one answered my questions :(

I never know that red chair made software for the iRiver's!!! Anapod Explorer was the best for the ipod, guess i have to check out iRivium Explorer now :woot:

I am so happy I bought the iRiver. Once you spend5 minutes getting used to the controls, you won't ever have to second guess them again. Nice review.

i agree, im getting one tommorow. this review bought my iRiver :p ;)

I dunno I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox 3... Its amazing, has tons and tons of features. The only thing about it I dislike is that its just about the size of a cd player and barely fits my pocket. And its pretty heavy. So I'm debating if I should buy an iRiver or not... or at least use my nomad till it gets really old and a new iriver comes out... *sigh*

yea, i agree with the review, i had my ipod for 2 days and i took it back and got the i-river, i mean that ipod scratched like hell, i was like wtf is this, thank god the iriver has a scratch resistant coating, and comes with a case. i wanted to get rid of the ipod soo bad they charged me 110 restocking free because it was scratched, but i didn't care i just didn't want it it sucked, then the ass tries to tell me, "sir they are ment to be in a case, thats why they make cases for them" i was like omfg, if they were MENT to be in a case they would come with one. thank god for the iriver its great and i love it <333

yea, i agree with the review, i had my ipod for 2 days and i took it back and got the i-river, i mean that ipod scratched like hell, i was like wtf is this, thank god the iriver has a scratch resistant coating, and comes with a case. i wanted to get rid of the ipod soo bad they charged me 110 restocking free because it was scratched, but i didn't care i just didn't want it it sucked, then the ass tries to tell me, "sir they are ment to be in a case, thats why they make cases for them" i was like omfg, if they were MENT to be in a case they would come with one. thank god for the iriver its great and i love it <333

hehe , go you! Xtreme $niper , I would get an iRiver now unless you could get one of the colour ones

I didnt write that post ;) Thats the second time someone has confused me for someone else. lol

I would buy an iRiver right now if it wasnt for the fact that I have a Creative Nomad Jukebox 3... *tear*