Dell 600m Laptop

he should wait for the next pentium m's and get a 1.8ghz dothan for that price. also, might wantt oease off on the ram if hes not going to be doing gaming or photoshoping on it. 512 is enouch for regular use and he can always add more if he needs it. if hes willing to spend 3 grand though, yo umight want to look at the d800, the screen is fin amazing. 19xx x 1200 resolution.

i wasnt looking for top of the line, why would i want the shell out more money for somthing that i will take notes on? i didnt need to be the "1337" laptop user, like i stated, i have a desktop that will run anything

Thanks for the advice...now to save some money! (So I can sell my 1100!)

sry for double post

you dont get as long of a battery life with dell's card, i read it on several diffrent forums, just a note to the curious

This is not your hardcore gaming laptop, if your looking to playing games like Far Cry, Americas Army, or any other demanding games, the gfx card will not run the game smoothly....

Odd, my Acer laptop has almost the exact same specs (inc same gfx), and it runs UT2004 perfectly, on maximum settings!

Odd, my Acer laptop has almost the exact same specs (inc same gfx), and it runs UT2004 perfectly, on maximum settings!

look at the gfx quality between the two games and you will get your answer, ut2004 does have the realistic featuers of americas army... i never said it will not run them, just not as smooth as you might like