Gateway`s Answer to Apple`s new Imac

when I can build myself a mac to the spec I want at the price I wanna spend, upgrade when I want at reasonable cost, get the latest OS and the choice of top software I need lets say at an affordable price ;-) that I can get for an 'ibm compatible pc', then I might just go with a mac. Until that day I'll forsake mere looks. As if Apple could bring out any piece of software that could turn the personal computer market upside down??!! Get real! :D

Originally posted by johnnIE

when I can build myself a mac to the spec I want at the price I wanna spend, upgrade when I want at reasonable cost, get the latest OS and the choice of top software I need lets say at an affordable price ;-) that I can get for an 'ibm compatible pc', then I might just go with a mac. Until that day I'll forsake mere looks. As if Apple could bring out any piece of software that could turn the personal computer market upside down??!! Get real! :D

W0rd

Where I work (a TV station) MACs are used only for video editing. That's about THE only thing MACs are good for.

Born2kill hit the nail on the head. Macs have traditionally been the workstations for high end graphics work, and more recently sales have been to individual saddos who just wanna have a cool fashion accessory and cause they look kinda nice in reception areas... Kewl??? Methinks not!!! Serious pc users for home or business use ibm pc, which is why they outnumber Macs by the score. Fact. Top styling and a new OS or other software is NOT gonna change the computing world. If you were seriously sad enough to buy a Mac, stop boasting and realise the majority of us are seriously NOT impressed! :D ;)

Originally posted by johnnIE

Born2kill hit the nail on the head. Macs have traditionally been the workstations for high end graphics work, and more recently sales have been to individual saddos who just wanna have a cool fashion accessory and cause they look kinda nice in reception areas... Kewl??? Methinks not!!! Serious pc users for home or business use ibm pc, which is why they outnumber Macs by the score. Fact. Top styling and a new OS or other software is NOT gonna change the computing world. If you were seriously sad enough to buy a Mac, stop boasting and realise the majority of us are seriously NOT impressed! :D ;)

You're too stupid to realise that macs are geared toward a certain market that are going to be using their computer for more productive tasks than playing games like doing graphics or making music (yes trent reznor makes all his music using a quicksilver tower)

@Wickedkitten I acknowledge the use of the Mac for graphics, and you mention music. If you go on, the saddos I'm talking about are Mac buyers/users who wanna tell us that 'Macs are best' for computing and we should all dump our pcs for one, with NO NEED for such top end uses, no? I can't see the gal in reception needing a mac 'cept it looks nice, and oh yes, not too many buttons on the mouse ain't too confusin! I'll remain with the millions of other serious business and personal users who do NOT play only games, if at all, and choose a pc as their workstaion of choice because it can be and is used continuously for every kind of 'more productive work' and because given ALL it's advantages the ibm pc IS simply BETTER THAN A MAC ('cept I acknowledge they don't look as kewl, dohhhhh!)! I rest my case! :D

w00h00! More trolls with the usual mac-bashing arguments :roll:

In the UK, from my experience, the professional graphics industry is Mac-biased. If there's only one thing a Mac can do better than a PC it's colour management. This is built into the OS. It's only in recent years that PCs have started to catch up in this field, primarily because of the cheapness and availability of PCs to home users.

I deal with around 100 advertising agencies and print bureaux across the UK and all of them are Mac based. Any PCs they have are used by administrative staff, ie secretaries, accountants etc and for networking. The same goes for where I work, aside from 2 PCs used by the guys who do all the coding on our internet sites. The company is now looking to move all of us to PCs and is now not buying any new Macs to replace the existing ones. This is despite the fact that (Dell) PCs in the building are the buggiest excuses for a computer I've ever seen. I guess that saving cash in the short-term works out cheaper than system down-time in the long-term :ermm:

That said, each system has their own niche, which they both fill very well.