Foobar2000 Customization Topic

Also another quick q. A lot and I mean ALOT of my mp3s dont have correct ID3 tags, and because of that, I cant get foobar configured how I want. Is there a way to mass tag the files but have it do it via directory structure (so it tags the first file found in \RX Bandits\Progress\ with a 1 as the track number and so on)?

Yes there is!

foobar2000 has a builtin Masstager! That can guess values from directory and filenames!

With a syntax like this (customizable): %artist%\%year% - %album%\%tracknumber%. %title%

Also if you have full albums there is a FreeDB tager!

--

Neksus

Yeah the only problem is theres no real "order" to any of the files, aside from the directory structure. I've tried the Mass Tagger, but it doesnt exactly do what I'm trying to do. I want it to loop thru the directory and change the track numbers incrementally. So in say \RX Bandits\Progress it will loop thru from 1-12, and then when it gets to teh next folder, it will automatically start @ 1 again.

Ok, well after about 3 hours of mp3 tagging i've managed to come up with this:

foobar.JPG

My only problem now is the Selected text color. It only seems to happen on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th lines of each album. The rest works fine. Here is the code I use (probably incorrect, but it seems to work for the most part)

// Color on 1st Track
// --------------------------------------
$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,1),1),
$rgb(255,255,255)|$rgb(255,255,255)|$if($greater($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),$rgb(186,185,172),$rgb(186,185,172)))

// Color on 2nd/3rd Track
$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,1),2),
$rgb(0,0,0)|$rgb(255,255,255)|$if($greater($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),$rgb(246,245,241),$rgb(246,245,241)))
$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,1),3),
$rgb(0,0,0)|$rgb(255,255,255)|$if($greater($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),$rgb(246,245,241),$rgb(246,245,241)))

// Color on 4th Track
$if($strcmp($num(%tracknumber%,1),4),
$rgb(255,255,255)|$rgb(255,255,255)|$if($greater($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),$rgb(186,185,172),$rgb(186,185,172)))

// Default BG Color
$rgb(0,0,0)|$rgb(255,255,255)|$if($greater($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),$rgb(233,229,214),$rgb(233,229,214))

Any clues on what may be wrong?

Argh, any help would be welcomed! I've just switched over from Winamp, and installed that foo_remote thing. Yet I'm not sure what's supposed to happen now. I don't see any bar in my taskbar, or any other exe to click apart from the one to uninstall foo_remote. Please help.

Cathode,Jun 27 2004, 04:57] Argh, any help would be welcomed! I've just switched over from Winamp, and installed that foo_remote thing. Yet I'm not sure what's supposed to happen now. I don't see any bar in my taskbar, or any other exe to click apart from the one to uninstall foo_remote. Please help.

right click taskbar > toolbars > Foobar2000 controls

column ui option > show playlists sidebar

that just shows playlists. I dont have playlists set up. I just want the left bar to show the list of all the albums I have, like when I open up the album list window.

I would love to know how you got that setup...

1) Install the foo_ui_columns plugin (attached to a post earlier in this thread)

2) My config file for foo_ui_colums is attached, the custom buttons I use are also in there.

You can import it under columns options. Place the buttons file in your foobar folder, if that doesnt work you can point foo_columns to the file in options.

3) Enjoy!

foobarconfigbuttons.zip

ONE GENERAL SUGGESTION FOR EVERY ONE

Reading the posts and the PM's that I have got it seems thet not everyone is using the same version of the ColumnsUI plug-in.

So, my advice is (especially for those who starts modding Foobar with this plugin):

MAKE SURE THAT YOU USE THE NEWEST VERSION OF THE PLUG-IN AND READ CAREFULLY THE HINTS IN THIS THREAD

Than everything else will be easy :) :) :) ;)