Next Version Of Windows Taskbar...possibly?!?!?!

Hey guys,

I was surfing around the web and came across this video of MS Research. It seems as those they are planning on using this new design for the next Windows OS.

I personally have some difficulty accepting it, though I just love to use new stuff.

Tell me what you think about it. *BTW, the video is 72MB, so it might take a while for some of you to load. BROADBAND CONNECTION IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED*

it's awsome...

think about what great themes people can create for this thing :D ;) !!!

but.. the video is from 1999, and the website is from 2000, so i guess the project is close...................... :ermm:

They are not very creative like those people at Apple... Who in the world would want to use that stinken UI? Looks like they are designing games for kids...

And when is Microsoft going to introdude animated icons?

Originally posted by adonai

umm, yeah this is 18 months old scroll to the bottom of the page Last updated: January 06, 2000

you must have mis understood me...

there IS (not was) a product that does this...

WIN3D

It's a 3d UI for Windows 9x (don't know bout xp)

it's pretty kewl.. but gets old... it's like trying to do office work in Doom.....

Originally posted by Krome

They are not very creative like those people at Apple... Who in the world would want to use that stinken UI? Looks like they are designing games for kids...

it's a RESEARCH project. it takes half a brain to realize that this not a final product. final interface, if it will ever come to life, be alot more polished, faster and more capable.

i doubt this project is closed. more likely it's in quiet mode now as ms moving it from research to actual implementation.

they wouldn't want apple to out do them again:right:

Originally posted by Krome

And when is Microsoft going to introdude animated icons?

My cousin had an olllllllllllld IBM Aptiva that right until we formatted it a few weeks ago was running Windows95 w/ PLUS! There were a bunch of IBM-related icons on the desktop that were constantly moving. All I can say is that animated icons would drive me absolutely insane, and she only had about 4.

As for Win3D it makes me think of that old "3D Maze" screensaver. Something else to drive me absolutely bonkers when I'm trying to use my PC.

Originally posted by irdawood

lol

the other guy had it spot on

its like playing doom in ms word

lol

speaking of Doom in Word...

what do you think about that easter egg. ???

i bet everyone has forgotten about that...