Forum Filter / Ignore

Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 PureEdit

PureEdit

Conspiracy Theorist.

Posted 12 June 2004 - 17:36

I am getting sick and tired of all this gmail sh*t being talked about on this forum. We need to be able to hide threads with certain words in the title.

It would also be nice to ignore users, I have a long lost of people who are dell fanboys and/or gmail freaks, and I would like to hide all of their posts from my view. If they start a thread, that would not be visible to me.

I am sure something like this could be added into IPB, I think 2.0 already has some of these features. A forum that I used to visit had options like this, and it was pretty cool.

Best Answer +Phouchg , 08 August 2013 - 17:23

There is - in your User CP under Ignore Preferences. Not that it helps much. Might as well pretend someone isn't there.

Go to the full post

#2 matt95110

matt95110

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2004 - 17:42

GMail is here to stay, so we're going to have to live with it. Plus the mods and admins said that no more mods are being installed until IPB 2.0

#3 OPaul

OPaul

That's what she said

Posted 12 June 2004 - 17:42

And please dear god implement something so the Poll forum can be filtered out of View New.

#4 matt95110

matt95110

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 June 2004 - 17:43

OPaul, I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

#5 DoNuTs©

DoNuTs©

Über Dumbass

Posted 12 June 2004 - 17:50

I agree with both PureEdit and OPaul

#6 OPaul

OPaul

That's what she said

Posted 12 June 2004 - 18:18

OPaul, I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I would like a feature implemented so all the threads in the Poll forum can be filtered out of "View New" so I never have to see them again.

#7 Galley

Galley

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!

Posted 13 June 2004 - 16:25

I'd like to be able to filter out certain forums, like the Mac ones, when I click the "View New Posts" button.

#8 vetMr magoo

Mr magoo

Neowinian

Posted 13 June 2004 - 16:26

Essentially, if you dont like something- you don't have to view it! You have to physically click somewhere to view these threads- just dont! We are going to restrict in the future the number of gmail threads.

#9 matt95110

matt95110

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 June 2004 - 16:33

Now you see there is a problem. If people are so upset about seeing Gmail threads, then people are going to start demanding that "Post your..." threads be filtered out, or x000 post threads be filtered out.

Galley said above that he wants to filter out Mac forums and OPaul wants to filter out the Poll one. Now we'll get people saying they want to only view forum A, B and D, and subforum A and B of forum B and D, and only the first 5 threads on subforum B and forum A. Its just an unnecessary waste of server resources.

Edited by matt74441, 13 June 2004 - 16:39.

#10 OPaul

OPaul

That's what she said

Posted 13 June 2004 - 17:24

Essentially, if you dont like something- you don't have to view it! You have to physically click somewhere to view these threads- just dont! We are going to restrict in the future the number of gmail threads.

But that's just it, we do have to view it. We can't close our eyes when there's a page full of polls, I need to have my eyes open to find useful threads. When we click "View New" ALL these threads show up, we don't have the option of not seeing particular ones.

Now you see there is a problem. If people are so upset about seeing Gmail threads, then people are going to start demanding that "Post your..." threads be filtered out, or x000 post threads be filtered out.

Galley said above that he wants to filter out Mac forums and OPaul wants to filter out the Poll one. Now we'll get people saying they want to only view forum A, B and D, and subforum A and B of forum B and D, and only the first 5 threads on subforum B and forum A. Its just an unnecessary waste of server resources.

The filtering would be done on a per-user bases, each user could get to choice what forums he/she sees when they click "View New".

#11 Chode

Chode

Neowinian Misanthropist

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:02

Am I the only one who can see the "ignore user" feature NOT working? We'll have someone ignore someone, then every post they make insult the person they're ignoring, hence they would never see any rebuttals....

#12 matt95110

matt95110

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:07

[SNIP] by me.

#13 OP PureEdit

PureEdit

Conspiracy Theorist.

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:36

Am I the only one who can see the "ignore user" feature NOT working? We'll have someone ignore someone, then every post they make insult the person they're ignoring, hence they would never see any rebuttals....

Doesn't matter to me. And mods will still see stuff like that so they can ban them.

#14 b3ta

b3ta

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:02

We definately need some way of filtering posts. I have had a gut full of Gmail this and Gmail that. It would be funny if it never goes ahead. I'd laugh till I die.

#15 Chode

Chode

Neowinian Misanthropist

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:45

,Jun 14 2004, 15:02] We definately need some way of filtering posts. I have had a gut full of Gmail this and Gmail that. It would be funny if it never goes ahead. I'd laugh till I die.

you are teh 1337 (post count)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!