General discussion rule text updated

Power bannage party ahead, because it's not like most people actually pay attention to the rule text!

well, you could encourage it. instead of making a dumb reply.

What? It was just a plain misunderstanding because of a different thing. I can still fill something in there, that causes loads of asterisks to show up, if you're disappointed.

General stupidity forums or discussions are not included on Neowin so please consider this before starting topics.

Nicely said :D

What? It was just a plain misunderstanding because of a different thing. I can still fill something in there, that causes loads of asterisks to show up, if you're disappointed.

:rofl:

It took me a while to figure out that each forum area has its own section rules in addition to the main rules.

By the way, I really like how you updated the text at the top for guidelines in that section. I like that you have a link to the main site rules and the section specific rules for General Discussion.

It says that for Desktop threads you should try to keep things at 1024x768 and hopefully around 100k or less. Is that only under General Discussion and only under threads where you are talking about desktop layouts?

Thanks.

i have spoken with tom and there is no beef :)

we are just havin' fun here on nw baby! woo woo.

there's no more beef? Why won't anyone tell me before we run out? :hmmm:

/me goes to the store and gets more beef

How do these "x100 congrate" threads fall under;

We require members to show a level of maturity while posting or starting topics in order to keep the general discussion moving at a level that can be considered both intelligent, informative and at the same time contributory to the site.

For instance this one doesn't seem to follow that line of thought at all;

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=179645&hl=

No, they're just reflections on the post count of the member at the point of the creation of that useless x000 thread. They don't reflect any contributions. Just to be pedantic.