# Downloadable Ringers, Games & Images*

# Multilingual (English & Spanish)

# 2-Way Speakerphone

# Phonebook with 300 Entries

# *System Dependent

Dimensions: 3.3" x 1.6" x .9"

Battery Type: 1000 mAh Lithium Ion

Weight: 3.5 oz

I went down to MetroPCS and got this baby for $260 US. A bit pricey, but well worth the cash in my opinion. This

phone has almost everything you would want, short of bluetooth technology. It sports a 65K Color TFT Screen-wonderful;

the colors are bright and juicy. The graphics are ultra sharp, something I didn't expect from a cell phone.

Voice activated dialing: the best I've seen so far, this is the only phone I've come across that hasn't made me

repeat myself. The phone has a 300K pixel camera, which isn't the greatest, but for a cell phone camera it does the job mighty

fine. It comes with 32 polyphonic ringtones, and can even play mp3 ringtones if you do some hacking of the software.

(You would also need a data cable which is sold separately). Press and hold the star (*) key to turn on/off the

Etiquette mode, really helpful in movie theatres and meetings. It has the usual cell phone utilities: Alarm, Stop

Watch, Event Reminder, Memo Pad, Voice Memo, and Calculator and has a new feature: World Clock. It comes preset with 5

backgrounds, has a media library where you can store Graphics, Photos & Ringtones which you can download via the

wireless internet the phone also boasts. It has a speakerphone so you can concentrate on your driving. The external

LCD also has caller id so you don't have to open the phone to see who is calling. It has a vibrant blue keypad that

looks really slick, especially at night. SMS messaging of course is a standard and also has picture messaging so you

can send pictures that you've taken with the camera. My favorite color is blue, and so are the lights on either side

of the phone which flash whenever your phone rings. The CDMA2000 technology the phone uses allows you to rapidly

access data, e-mail, games and web content 10 times faster than the predecessor. One feature I like is Message Group.

You can mass-message text or images to a group of people you've chosen. By default there are 3 groups: Personal,

Business, & Etc., you can add up to 3 more groups of your own. The reception on this baby is great! Inside, outside,

even in tunnels! The tunnels are what really surprised me. I was driving through one when my phone rang, I answered

and the connection was decent, even my FM Radio went out but the sucker kept going.

Cons:

Speakerphone could be better, its decent-but it could be better

Camera Resolution could be better, then again- it's a camera phone.

No Games or Screensavers- This is a BREW enabled phone which means you gotta buy them.

No Bluetooth

vox_1.jpg

vox_2.jpg

vox_3.jpg

vox_4.jpg

vox_5.jpg

You can find more info here:

HowardForums Audiovox Section: LOTS of 8900 info here.

Another good site for the 8900

Audiovox 8900 Page

good review :yes: (Y)

lights on the sides are awesome, would be cool if you could change colors too. have u hacked it to allow mp3 ringtones?

I personally have not hacked it to play mp3 ringtones, because I don't have a data cable. I should get mine today, I'll tell you how it goes. Dozens of people have done it on HowardForums, so its safe to say it works.

i have the same phone:: i love it except its a little sensative on the reception, while it gets exccellent reception, moving the phone just slightly can go from 4 bars, to 1, but it has never dropped a call either, i have mine threw Verizon, i also love the blue lights on the side...

also the camera on this phone is nothing beyond great, it works well in well lit situations, but anything beyond that dont expect it to come out as good, friends with other camera phones work much better in lo-lit situations

PM me with Info about the mp3 thing if you dont mind