I have money, do you have my logo?

Question

I'm looking for a logo for one of A Small Orange Software's unannounced products. Since dealing with a mystery product won't help you much, I suppose I'll make the first public mention of what we're working on:

Title: ASOmonitor

Description: ASOmonitor is our server monitoring system under development. It features technology we're planning on obtaining a patent for, so this is goning to have a large potential market. In essence, it's a system that monitors the status of servers on a network (or networks) for availabilty and quality of service.

What we want: We're looking for a logo that makes use of our standard orange color in some way. It does not need to make exclusive use of this color, but should have it at least somewhere. A sans-serif font should be used (we like Myriad Pro a lot) for text. It should feature only the text "ASOmonitor" with that spacing/capitalization. It should have some sort of icon or styling to emphasis that this is a monitoring product. Since customers will rely on our product to maintain their own services, we want to emphasis a "trustworthy", "stable", and "powerful" system through the icon somehow.

Format requirements: Vector (preferred) or *large* raster. Photoshop-importable format.

This is our current logo:

logo.png

The primary orange is in the center of the orange. It's #FFA800. As you can see, we like things simple, so keep this in the ASOmointor logo, as well.

We're looking at a budget of around $100 for this logo. Exclusive and unlimited use must be provided by the author with the delivery.

Ask questions if you need anything clarified, and feel free to experiment outside of the bounds of our listed requirements. This isn't really a contest or anything, so you can throw out logos as you come up with ideas. There's no penality for at least trying, so don't worry that posting a crap design along with 3 good ones is going to hurt your image or anything. We're just looking for the best possible logo :)

Whenever. This product is at least a few months from beta, and we can suffice with my paint.exe-styled logo internally for now :D

Whenever. This product is at least a few months from beta, and we can suffice with my paint.exe-styled logo internally for now :D

Paint? :laugh: Dont tempt me.

I'll be going to sleep any minute now (4am where Im at)

So yeah, its good to know that its still alpha (I think).

Ill get started tomorrow.

I'm sleeping too. Given that this thread got 47 views in 25 minutes, I should expect something when I wake up :D

I'll see if I can come up with something in the morning, but until then - do you have a larger version of your current logo to work with? Or should this be completely seperate?

Any chance we could get the Myriad Pro font from you?

I'll do up a logo when I get a chance. I have a few ideas in mind.

If you want I could also try doing the reflecty-thing. That might... Help.... Ahem.... :blush:

[Edit] Oh, by the way... I tried coloring the monitor... Big no-no.... :p

post-31-1087958629.jpg

If I get my computer back in time, I'll try something out for you. Nice little challenge you've got going here Timdorr.

Urgh... I hate all these people who are good at stuff. Makes mine look like a pile o' puke. :p Maybe I'll try again in a little bit.

That doesn't make any sense... It had to have come with something, because I have it. Photoshop, maybe?

[Edit] And Tim, can you comment on any of the stuff you've seen so far? What do you like and what don't you like? More specifically - do you like Long's? Should we aspire to be like him?

1) The monitor is a bit too large, I think. Plus, it may be better facing outwards with some sort of graph or heart monitor thingy on it.

2) Looks like a mouse pointer peeing on the logo :p

3) Ah! Taht's a bit too CBS-like.

4) Now it's more 1984-like (we're watching you!)

I like the eye idea, it's just the one you chose seems a bit freaky :s Overall, I like them a lot, though :)

Here's my one.

It would be cool if the squigly looked more like a heart rate. Actually, I think it would look cool right between ASO and monitor. Here's an example:

172.gif