Is Gmail unlimited?

I think Google are friendly people, so rather than doing it the Hotmail way where everything just gets deleted, you can still recieve mail but you have to dump a load of it to send one.

Yeah, i think its true. Google are nice people. After all, they are providing a service for free, which means they are generous enough.

Google is a business. A business out to make money. Its that simple. Free may very well be free, but they aren't doing it for our good, its for filling their pockets. Such is the nature of business.

it's false statement or article.

google offers only 1000 mb which is even not 1GB=1024mB

no, 1GB = 1000MB = 1 billion bytes.

giga = 1 billion

what you are thinking of is a gibibyte = 1024 mebibytes = 2^20 bytes.

Nope a gigabyte is 1024mb

Gigabyte  = approximately 1000 Megabytes = 1,000,000 Kilobytes = Billion bytes (1,000,000,000 bytes) 

Technically a Gigabyte is 2 to the 30th power (1,073,741,824) bytes.

From http://www.shelbycs.org/technology/howbigisagigabyte.html

It's just one of those things but if you work it out it is correct because it all begins with a bit being either 0 or 1.

it's false statement or article.

google offers only 1000 mb which is even not 1GB=1024mB

Nope!!!

Actually its a business practise to offer more when the quota exceeds.

My yahoo mail many times crossed the limits in their 4mb times then too I continue to receive mails from people.

Has anyone actually reached the 1GB limit to say that this article is false?

there was a guy posting here before that got newletters every 2 mins or something like that, a glitch in a system he was getting newsletters from. anywho, they were all PDF and were over 2MB or something like that and he crossed the limit and nothing happened.

PS: sorry if I got the story wrong...

most hard disk makers rate their disks with 1000 mbs as the 1 gb capacity. so i lost like more than just a few gigs on a 140 gig hdd... :(

there was a guy posting here before that got newletters every 2 mins or something like that, a glitch in a system he was getting newsletters from. anywho, they were all PDF and were over 2MB or something like that and he crossed the limit and nothing happened.

PS: sorry if I got the story wrong...

Huh???

Never heard of him

any link?

so there are binary bytes and normal bytes?? sounds strange.. ive always known 1024kb and 1 mb and 1024mb as 1 gig

Email Gmail - I did.

They provide 1024MB of space. The counter only says 1000. This gives you a 24MB buffer...

Well, thats what they told me..

Gmail could not possible be unlimited. Just going by the fact that hard drives have finite storage means that they will have to cap it.

I doubt!!!

Amongst us how many people actaully cross 50MB?

You can count them easily

So the division among less storage users will open a whole new chance to extend the services to unlimited people.

man come on

the day you will full 1GB of data, we will speak

maybe Gmail ppl will call you because of your 1GB of data... iso? wink.gif

And Bill Gates once thought that 8MB of storage space and 640KB or RAM would be more than anyone would ever need on a computer.

And Bill Gates once thought that 8MB of storage space and 640KB or RAM would be more than anyone would ever need on a computer.

ooooooooooooops my fault

sorry