22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

I'm using Azureus bittorrent client, and I have a problem. Though I do not have a router (not that I see anything, Speedtouch USB modem is connected directly to the pc), I'm not able to download anything. I tried this test (http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat_or_not.php) and it showed earlier that I am behind a NAT.

How do I forward my ports to those for bittorrent, because now I can download at 4 kB but upload at 13 kB. I'm on 256d/128u plan, normal speed is about 30kB

Posted

Got a firewall running?

Windows XP one if your runnning it maybe ?+

Posted

Yup, Zone Alarm but I've set it to allow it to act as a server. On ME, so there's no built in firewall.

Posted

So is the issue only in Azureus or do all downloads not work?

Posted

1. Is Internet Connection Sharing accidently on?

2. Try it without ZoneAlarm on, just to see if that's the problem.

Posted

1) Nope it's not installed

2) No luck either, it just doesn't start, max speed so far is 1kb/s.

All downloads using Bittorrent simply don't work, I'm lucky enough to get 1kb/s on azureus...

Posted

A firewall would definitely prevent anyone from getting to those ports. Open them: 6881-6889.

Posted

Something is definitly blocking it. ZoneAlarm is known not to completly shut down when you close it. Can you get other p2p to work (like edonkey)?

What you can also try is to enable the ICS. Then set that to forward 6881 (azureus uses only the 6881 port) to 127.0.0.1 (aka localhost).

Posted

I can get Kazaa to work, at high speeds.

I've not been able to find ICS on my computer, I've followed some online instructions but found no installed components or components for ICS, which is puzzling, since I'm on Windows ME.

Posted

That was the tutorial, but I found no such "Internet Tools" at all. Very weird... Yep, it's unforseeable in the near future that I can upgrade. :(

Posted

If you have an XP computer nearby, you can do the following trick. Is someone else knows a shortcut to this, please tell.

1) on the XP machine install ICS

2) use the ICS-wizard to create an ICS setupdisk

3) remove ICS from the XP-machine

4) use the setupdisk to start the ICS-wizard on the ME-pc and with it, setup the pc to use ICS itself.

If you can't do that, I can send you the file ICS-wizard file (Icsclset.exe), but It'll be in dutch (sorry).

Posted

Sure, please do. What do I do next when I receive the file? My email's at darkness_illusionz AT hotmail.com...

Posted

Ok I've found it, it's not in the Internet Tools, but when I try to install it it tells me to setup my network first. Help!

Posted

I'm using Azureus bittorrent client, and I have a problem. Though I do not have a router (not that I see anything, Speedtouch USB modem is connected directly to the pc), I'm not able to download anything. I tried this test (http://www.u.arizona.edu/~trw/games/nat_or_not.php) and it showed earlier that I am behind a NAT.

Are you NAT'ed at your ISP?

Posted

That's what I'm suspecting, but a couple of netizens using the same ISP have been able to successfully port forward ports 6881. They go to the router page, like linksys but I don't have one. I'm still wondering if it's possible.

Posted

Ok I've found it, it's not in the Internet Tools, but when I try to install it it tells me to setup my network first. Help!

No, that's no problem.

Posted

No, that's no problem.

And you were saying?? :blink:

Posted

Let ME setup your network. Why not? Youve propably installed it anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Posted

How do I go about letting ME set up my network?

Posted

What kind of internet connection do you have?

Posted

:-/

Ive also got the same problem.....

I thought that i was just downloading really slow until i read up about the smilley faces, saying that if its yellow that means theres a problem with it, and its to do with the "packets" not making it properly to the server. Being a problem with the ports.....

For the last 2 days ive been trying to work out how to get this thing going. I thought that it may have been my firewall (zone alarm) blocking it or something, but i installed it on my server which is running ICS, windows xp, and the same firewall and it works fine. Fast speeds and no problems at all.

So i went back and looked on my pc which is still having problems and ive been trying to work out how i do port forwarding.....

My Network setup is.....

DSL Modem >>>> Switch <<<< ICS Server/PC

..............................^|^........................

....PC-----------------^|^-----------------PC

The ICS Server/PC(192.168.0.1) works fine with azerus, but the other 2 pc's(192.168.0.11)(192.168.0.22) dont, they are having this problem with the ports.....

I use many programs and have never had this sort of problem, its annoying the crap outta me :-D

Can someone explain how it is that i setup up port forwarding via Zone Alarm, Windows XP, or some sort of Freeware program......