Photo

Port forwarding when there is no router!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 OP The Red Guy

The Red Guy

Neowinian

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:16

That's what I'm suspecting, but a couple of netizens using the same ISP have been able to successfully port forward ports 6881. They go to the router page, like linksys but I don't have one. I'm still wondering if it's possible.

#17 gaviaal

gaviaal

Neowinian

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:22

Ok I've found it, it's not in the Internet Tools, but when I try to install it it tells me to setup my network first. Help!

No, that's no problem.

#18 OP The Red Guy

The Red Guy

Neowinian

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:36

No, that's no problem.

And you were saying?? :blink:

#19 gaviaal

gaviaal

Neowinian

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:57

Let ME setup your network. Why not? Youve propably installed it anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem.

#20 OP The Red Guy

The Red Guy

Neowinian

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:20

How do I go about letting ME set up my network?

#21 gaviaal

gaviaal

Neowinian

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:46

What kind of internet connection do you have?

#22 Crashoveride

Crashoveride

Neowinian

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:36

:-/

Ive also got the same problem.....

I thought that i was just downloading really slow until i read up about the smilley faces, saying that if its yellow that means theres a problem with it, and its to do with the "packets" not making it properly to the server. Being a problem with the ports.....

For the last 2 days ive been trying to work out how to get this thing going. I thought that it may have been my firewall (zone alarm) blocking it or something, but i installed it on my server which is running ICS, windows xp, and the same firewall and it works fine. Fast speeds and no problems at all.

So i went back and looked on my pc which is still having problems and ive been trying to work out how i do port forwarding.....

My Network setup is.....

DSL Modem >>>> Switch <<<< ICS Server/PC
..............................^|^........................
....PC-----------------^|^-----------------PC

The ICS Server/PC(192.168.0.1) works fine with azerus, but the other 2 pc's(192.168.0.11)(192.168.0.22) dont, they are having this problem with the ports.....

I use many programs and have never had this sort of problem, its annoying the crap outta me :-D

Can someone explain how it is that i setup up port forwarding via Zone Alarm, Windows XP, or some sort of Freeware program......

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!