Edited 14 July 2004
-new custom icons (thanks hush66)
Edited 14 November 2004
-added music location menu
Edited 25 April, 2005
-alternate file browsing addition (suggested by nant)
Edited 8 May, 2005
-corrected dialog names for Opera 8
MAKE SURE OPERA IS CLOSED DURING THIS ENTIRE PROCESS
AND BACKUP BEFORE YOU BEGIN THIS, JUST IN CASE
1) First of all, you will need WA Command, a winamp frontend that allows command-line control of Winamp.
2) Find your profile folder either under "c:\program files\Opera8\profile" or under "documents and settings". (I use c:\program files\Opera8 for my current install)
3) Make a subfolder called "Winamp" (without the quotations). Put the contents of WACommand.zip (step 1) into the folder.
4) Rename "WACommand.exe" to "WAC.EXE" (thanks hush66)
5) Now you need to go back to your profiles folder, and in the subfolder "toolbar" open "standard_toolbar (1).ini" (this file should exist if you have rearranged your button layout in Opera. If not, create it.)
6) Under [Customize Toolbar Custom.content], add the following lines:
Button0="Execute program, "c:\progra~1\winamp\winamp.exe", , , "WinLogo" + Show popup menu, "Winamp Menu"" Button1, "Prev"="Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera8\profile\Winamp\wac.exe", "/prev", , "WinPrev"" Button2, "Play"="Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera8\profile\Winamp\wac.exe", "/play", , "WinPlay"" Button3, "Pause"="Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera8\profile\Winamp\wac.exe", "/playpause", , "WinPause"" Button4, "Stop"="Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera8\profile\Winamp\wac.exe", "/stop", , "WinStop"" Button5, "Next"="Execute program, "C:\Program Files\Opera8\profile\Winamp\wac.exe", "/next", , "WinNext""
You will need to change the folder name I have used here to reflect where you have installed Opera/where your profile folder is.
If you have other custom buttons installed, you may need to change the numbers for the beginning of each entry.
Save and close.
7) This will be enough for just the buttons to exist, but now we need the custom images for each button.
8) Go to your opera folder, then the subfolder "Skin". You need to extract the contents of "standard_skin.zip" to a subfolder.
9) Make a subfolder under where you extracted the "standard_skin.zip" called "custom", and add into this the contents of the attached Zip file.
10) Open "skin.ini". Under the "[Images]" section, add the following lines:
WinPlay = custom/play1.png WinPause = custom/Pause1.png WinStop = custom/Stop1.png WinPrev = custom/previous1.png WinNext = custom/Next1.png WinPlay.Hover = custom/play2.png WinPause.Hover = custom/Pause2.png WinStop.Hover = custom/Stop2.png WinPrev.Hover = custom/previous2.png WinNext.Hover = custom/Next2.png WinLogo = custom/Logo.png[[b]11)[/b]ve and close. <b>11)</b> Now this is a little tricky. You need to zip the files you extracted from "standard_skin.zip", and replace the old "standard_skin.zip" with the new archive. You can then delete the files [b]12)[/b]ad extracted. <b>12)</b> Open up Opera. You will see no changes. You need to right click on your Main Bar and select "Customize toolbars", then go to the "button[b]13)[/b]ds" tab. <b>13)</b> At the bottom of the list you will see "My Buttons". Click this and you will see all of the buttons that you have just made (if they don't have icons, something has gone wrong). You should be able to drag them to your mainbar in whatever order you like. My personal preference is Winamp Logo | Previous | Pla[b]14)[/b]| Stop | Next <b>14)</b> Not done yet, now we will modify our little Winamp Logo so that it will drop down into a list of folder shortcuts. I find this useful for where I store all my mp3's so it's easier to pull up [b]15)[/b]to listen to. <b>15)</b> Go to Tools > Preferences > Toolbars. Under menu setup, highlight "opera standard" and click duplicate. Rename this duplicate to whatever you like (I use Winamp controls). Make sure your new setup is highlighted, close prefere[b]16)[/b] close Opera. <b>16)</b> We need to go back to your profile folder, and go into the &quo[b]17)[/b]t; subfolder. <b>17)</b> Open the ini file in notepad or similar - Standard_menu [b]IMPORTANT: You now have two choices: If you wish to use windows explorer to browse throu[i]18a[/i]sic, follow step <i>18a</i>. However, if you would prefer to use Opera's own file explorer to brow[i]18b[/i]sic, follow step <i>18b</i>.[/b]foll[b]18a)[/b]18b</i>.</b> <b>18a)</b> Scroll down to the bottom and look for an entry called "[Voice Menu]". Just before it, enter the following: [code][Winamp Menu] Item, "Music" = "Execute Program, "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE", "C:\Documents and Settings\Moth\My Documents\Music",, "WinKazaa"" Item, "KCEasy" = "Execute Program, "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE", "C:\Program Files\KCeasy\My Shared Folder",, "WinKazaa""[/code] You can modify these entries, add new ones, etc. Just use[b]18b)[/b] a template. <b>18b)</b> Scroll down to the bottom and look for an entry called "[Voice Menu]". Just before it, enter the following: [code][Winamp Menu] Item, "Music"="New page,,,,"WinKazaa" & Go to page, "file://localhost/C:\Documents and Settings\Moth\My Documents\Music"" Item, "KCEasy"="New page,,,,"WinKazaa" & Go to page, "file://localhost/c:\Program Files\KCeasy\My Shared Folder""
You can modify these entries, add new ones, etc. Just use19)s a template.
19) Open Opera. And there you go, WinaRemember that you must have winamp open for the previous|play|pause|stop|next buttons to work, or you can open Winamp with the winamp logo to the left of these controls left of these controls
If you are using Mozilla, I recommend the use of the FoxyTunes extension.
Anyway, here are the custom images (thanks to hush66) and a quick screenshot.
Edited by Chode, 13 August 2005 - 07:47.