Rules Updated (Ammendment to Rule 2)

Moderators and Admins will decide for you if your judgement is clouded (but obvious disregard for our rules may also include a warning or restriction). If a software costs money and you are discussing how you cracked or got it illegally then its against the ruleset. This also applies to Movies and Music files.

Moderators and Admins will decide for you if your judgement is clouded (but obvious disregard for our rules may also include a warning or restriction). If a software costs money and you are discussing how you cracked or got it illegally then its against the ruleset. This also applies to Movies and Music files.

But if you buy 'em and use DVD Decrypter and/or DVD Shrink, for example, to make backups, it is ok to talk about the software?

But if you buy 'em and use DVD Decrypter and/or DVD Shrink, for example, to make backups, it is ok to talk about the software?

i think it is...the consumer has the legal right to back up their stuff as long as it's for personal use.

i think it is...the consumer has the legal right to back up their stuff as long as it's for personal use.

That is the way it used to be. Not sure about what it is now with the DMCA not having been fully tested in court in terms of individual fair use. Hope that the industry decision to allow some personal backup in the next gen DVD's will set a precedent at the very least.

omfg staind you are posting the links to the warez!

warning +1 :p

heheheheheh

lmao. :rofl:

^that war3z is teh uber illegal. if you download teh musac, they give you stolen hardw4re

Guess there will be no more suggesting the use of BitTorrent ;)

But how am I supposed to get my Linux distros :(

Download them from mirrors like the rest of us do?

Well distros are starting to be distributed through BT. Much faster, especially right when they are released.

Well distros are starting to be distributed through BT. Much faster, especially right when they are released.

Actually, I can easily get 160+kbps from a mirror downloading Mandrake but in BT I get no more than 40 on a very good day. BT seems to average between 5-15 normally for me, though sometimes it goes higher. Azureus with the 6881 port forwarded and all. I guess Linux distros are not as popular on the BT scene as they could be.